Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
I think it is a matter of coaching and a deliberate choice of tactics rather than player ability. People don't get to be professionals at Championship/Premier League level without the basic ability to pass reasonably accurately. We simply don't attempt to do so. Our guys are obviously told to get it forward as quickly as possible without any real regard for accuracy. Arter is an example. When he first arrived he would win the ball, calmly bring under control, and look for someone to play a pass too. He moved the ball forward but usually.accurately. He has now joined the headless chicken bunch and was as bad as anybody on Saturday. The sad thing is that we can pass as shown by our 17 pass goal against, I think, Brighton. Two years of coaching by Warnock and his assistants have produced the rubbish we saw at the weekend. I don't expect us to be like Manchester City but I don't expect us to be like a bad Legue 2 side.
It's player ability in my opinion. Most of the squad is the same as what OGS/Slade had.

Warnock simply identified what we COULD do, and built his tactics around it.

Now, we need better, more intelligent players.