+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Johnson solely responsible for delaying publication of Russia report.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Johnson solely responsible for delaying publication of Russia report.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm puzzled, if this matter is as straightforward as the threesome who you just knew would react as they are doing make out, why is Johnson making it look suspicious by blocking the release of the report?
    Because the anti-Brexit opposition want to weaponize the data and add lots of spin and innuendo as they attempt to construct a negative narrative in the run-up to the election, after which it will be too late to correct the record. Have you learned nothing from the attempted Trump takedown?

Re: Johnson solely responsible for delaying publication of Russia report.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Because the anti-Brexit opposition want to weaponize the data and add lots of spin and innuendo as they attempt to construct a negative narrative in the run-up to the election, after which it will be too late to correct the record. Have you learned nothing from the attempted Trump takedown?
    It's so ironic that you talk about spin and innuendo when that's exactly what you've relied on when it comes to Trump and Russia. You keep on presenting a version of the findings of the report into the subject that the author of it has said is not what he intended, so you're doing exactly what you accuse those of wanting publication of the report into possible Russian interference in UK elections/referendums of wanting to do.

For myself, I just want to find out what the report says. The delay in publication was the lead story on Newsnight last night and the opinion was expressed that it could well be that Johnson is doing more harm to himself by blocking publication than he would have done by just okaying the report.

I also think it is worth recording that for the third night in four since the election campaign started there was no Government spokesperson on the programme to defend/represent them. Although last night there wasn't a repeat of the "we asked the Government to provide a representative, but we're told there was no one available" cop out we heard on Tuesday and Thursday, it does sound like they are frightened to face any cross examination if possible and let's face it, if you take away all of the alt right narrative, that's all your "defence" of their position amounts to isn't it.