+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bale

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    4 goals, or 9 in 26... whatever. Isco has 11 in 40, so yeah, outstanding. Bale's also scored 67 in 149 games, scored two winners in major finals, been outstanding in nearly every big game but he really has been awful.

If he's fit, I think he'll start as he always rises to the occasion.
    Whether you like it or not - since April, Isco has played 11 times and got 5 goals and 3 assists. 4 of those as MOTM.

For the comparison, in Bale's last 11 games he has scored 2 and got 0 assists, no MOTM.

Isco is the man in form and he will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Whether you like it or not - since April, Isco has played 11 times and got 5 goals and 3 assists. 4 of those as MOTM.

For the comparison, in Bale's last 11 games he has scored 2 and got 0 assists, no MOTM.

Isco is the man in form and he will start.
    I'm not saying that Isco won't and he isn't any good, but to say Bale has been a complete write off this season isn't true. Bale has played 26 times, so in his first 15 games he scored 7 goals, 3 assists.

I can think of worse options to have on the bench...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can think of worse options to have on the bench...
    Prove it.

I'm not saying that Isco won't and he isn't any good, but to say Bale has been a complete write off this season isn't true. Bale has played 26 times, so in his first 15 games he scored 7 goals, 3 assists.
    So his best form was beginning of the season, but hes then suffered injurires and loss of form. Whereas Isco is the man in form and Madrid have been flying since he replaced Bale in the team.

Taking the Bale/ Cardiff sentiment out of it then its a no brainer who should be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    So his best form was beginning of the season, but hes then suffered injurires and loss of form. Whereas Isco is the man in form and Madrid have been flying since he replaced Bale in the team.

Taking the Bale/ Cardiff sentiment out of it then its a no brainer who should be selected.
    Isco is in better form but I think they'll pick Bale. I've never argued that Bale should or shouldn't start, simply that he shouldn't be painted as a failure this season. He's played well when he was fully fit.

Also, player ratings and such are very much open to interpretation but whoscored.com have Bale as third:
    https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/52/S...in-Real-Madrid
    Last edited by Pedro de la Rosa; 22-05-17 at 14:27.

I dont agree with the Lord that he hasnt had one good game this season, or that the season has been a complete write off but its been his worst season by far at Madrid in terms of goals and assists.

9 goals and 3 assists compared to 19-12 last season, 15-10 the year before and 21-16 in his first season. Even in his last year at Spurs he was 24-7 so this year has been by far his lowest contribution in the last 5 seasons.