+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City considering a Director of Football type appointment?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: City considering a Director of Football type appointment?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    The most laughable aspect of the WalesOnline article is the suggestion that board meetings actually take place. With an absentee owner and 4 other absentee Malaysian directors I doubt whether any meeting convened at CCS would be quorate.

Who is left ? Ken Choo who also has a Car Dealership to run. Mehmet Dahlman who seems to be looking elsewhere and the token Cardiff person Steve Borley who is, no doubt, a valuable asset to have on the board but with an absolute dictator of an owner you wonder what contribution he can be allowed to make.

We need someone on the board like a DoF to stop a manager having too much of a free hand but would he be able to stand up to the owner when he starts making idiotic comments and tell him that he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. I think not.
    Like it or not, it’s very common these days for the meeting to be a teleconference.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Like it or not, it’s very common these days for the meeting to be a teleconference.
    Our Board meetings are all via VC, the board members are based in UK, Amsterdam, Munich, Japan & US. We physically meet in one place (Japan) for the AGM once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    As a tax advisor, I am very much someone who does not like (or even permit) it. Given the club is presumably loss-making I'm not sure there is much at stake here for (presumably) the Malaysian tax authorities, but the auditors at least would be asking for evidence of locations and attendees of board meetings.