Not condoning the behaviour involved but these women did have a choice here.

Surely it’s better to do the right thing and walk away than put up with it just to advance your career/get a part in a shit film etc?

I read yesterday about Jennifer Lawrence saying that some bloke made her and a bunch of others line up naked as part of an audition process. Now I may be wrong here but nobody forced her to do it. She could have simply turned around and said “**** you, I’d rather stack shelves in a supermarket than allow myself to be treated like that in order to get a part” but she (and loads of others) did it because they wanted a career.

We’re not talking about kids here who were told nobody would believe them, you’ll be taken away from your parents, the bad man will come and get you, people will say it’s your fault etc. - we’re talking about adults who knew what was happening wasn’t right but went along with it because they desperately wanted fame and fortune and were prepared to accept shit like this as part of the deal.

The sad part is that so many of these women put being famous over their own self respect. The even sadder part is that the women who then got that fame and were in a position to expose what was happening chose to stay quiet about it for fear of losing that fame.

As I said earlier, I’m not condoning what went on but these women did it for personal gain and this whole saga sums up what a cesspit the whole entertainment industry really is. The reality is that EVERYONE knew what was going on but most people were more concerned with keeping their noses in the trough and protecting their own (mainly financial) interests.