+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: This is really stupid

This is really stupid

Absolutely crazy a class full of girls and one says she is a boy??

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...shire-51034511

Re: This is really stupid

The world has gone mad, pandering to the PC brigade.

If you look into the biology and neurology behind it, it actually is no where near as cut and dry as we think.

Transgender people appear all over the world and even in remote tribes.

So I would try and look deeper into it before saying it’s just pandering to PC culture.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

I agree. It's really stupid of the teacher to not just apologise and say it was a mistake to make that comment as the class was full of girls (bar one) - rather than admitting that he doesn't believe in "the ideology of transgenderism" and the other remarks which would be offensive to the boy.

I was actually going to agree with you and say that it's ridiculous that the teacher could be punished for saying "well done girls" until I saw the teacher's comments.

In a letter to the school's head teacher, Mr Sutcliffe wrote: "As a Christian, I do not share your belief in the ideology of transgenderism.

and there we have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    If you look into the biology and neurology behind it, it actually is no where near as cut and dry as we think.

Transgender people appear all over the world and even in remote tribes.

So I would try and look deeper into it before saying it’s just pandering to PC culture.
    Can you point me to any statistics about how many kids in the UK are transgender?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    In a letter to the school's head teacher, Mr Sutcliffe wrote: "As a Christian, I do not share your belief in the ideology of transgenderism.

and there we have it.
    And there we have what? That only Christians do not share the belief in the ideology of transgenderism? The emphasis is surely on the word ideology - do you deny that that is what it has become?

Coincidence to see this thread. I saw an article recently that found a large number of transgender children end up switching back to their sex at birth at around 16-17 to simply identify as queer

I went on to speak to a good friend of mine who is gay and he has previously talked about his struggles in school and said he could easily have misconstrued his emotions during puberty as being transgender had he been aware of it.

We both agreed that children should not be given hormones which can lead to sterilization and irreversible changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    And there we have what? That only Christians do not share the belief in the ideology of transgenderism? The emphasis is surely on the word ideology - do you deny that that is what it has become?
    Basically ignorant religious people and bigots have a problem with anything sexual as god says its naughty , unless you are making babies

Not all religious people are bigots and anti gay , bisexual and transgender but a large number are , depending on faith

Islam is particularly intolerant as are many African religions

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Thanks for the info - interesting. Are we seriously expected to believe there are up to half a million people in the UK who are transgender?

Can you point me to any statistics about how many kids in the UK are transgender?
    Why are you interested in how many kids in the uk are transgender ?

What's important is we accept that there are many thousands and we support them

Thanks for the info - interesting. Are we seriously expected to believe there are up to half a million people in the UK who are transgender?
    Is that a problem ? This is all about religion isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post

Who cares how a person wants to be identified? The teacher involved is obviously quite a devout Christian ( good for him) and doesn't agree with The girl identifying as a boy, that's his business and his right to think that, although it isn't in that school where he worked and he knew that. Maybe he should've resigned when the policy was brought in.

blinkered by belief
    I'm almost positive that transgenders have been around longer than most if not all religions, but you are welcome to prove me wrong ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I agree. It's really stupid of the teacher to not just apologise and say it was a mistake to make that comment as the class was full of girls (bar one) - rather than admitting that he doesn't believe in "the ideology of transgenderism" and the other remarks which would be offensive to the boy.

I was actually going to agree with you and say that it's ridiculous that the teacher could be punished for saying "well done girls" until I saw the teacher's comments.
    If the female pupil is allowed to identify as a boy, then surely the teacher should be allowed to express his opinion on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Not at all. It's about a new ideology and the notion that we can present our children with a lifestyle choice which I find scary. See the post from Chris Lee above.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's about intolerance from people in positions of power. I can't really see what the issue with how people would like to be identified, who gives a shit. It seems to offend these no nonsense white blokes who like to 'say it as it is' or engage in populist trash talk but seem to get very upset when a girl wants to be identified as a male, they pick their ball up and storm off. Snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    If the female pupil is allowed to identify as a boy, then surely the teacher should be allowed to express his opinion on the subject.
    He can and he did. Sadly for him he's breaking the schools policy, the policy he would've been very aware of from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Who cares how a person wants to be identified? The teacher involved is obviously quite a devout Christian ( good for him) and doesn't agree with The girl identifying as a boy, that's his business and his right to think that, although it isn't in that school where he worked and he knew that. Maybe he should've resigned when the policy was brought in.
    He should be stoned

He probably was to be fair

Not at all. It's about a new ideology and the notion that we can present our children with a lifestyle choice which I find scary. See the post from Chris Lee above.

What scares you about a girl who identifies as being a boy or vice versa ?

The scariest ideology for me is religion , responsible for barbaric laws, religious wars and bloodshed world wide

Now that's scary

There are plenty of lifestyle choices presented to children by parents that are alot worse than allowing them to decide how they would like to be identified. Let's be honest though, how many parents are going to sit their kids down and have the conversation about transgenderism?

Quote Originally Posted by chris lee View Post
    Coincidence to see this thread. I saw an article recently that found a large number of transgender children end up switching back to their sex at birth at around 16-17 to simply identify as queer

I went on to speak to a good friend of mine who is gay and he has previously talked about his struggles in school and said he could easily have misconstrued his emotions during puberty as being transgender had he been aware of it.

We both agreed that children should not be given hormones which can lead to sterilization and irreversible changes.
    For a movement that is supposedly so progressive, it's seems remarkably backward, especially with its upholding of gender stereotypes and the conclusion that a child/teenager must be transgender rather than gay or lesbian.

With regard to Cleve's point about the PC world going mad, I don't think it has (yet) because this still seems to be a niche issue and there are left wing feminists (usually thrown in under the "PC" umbrella) who are openly dismayed and concerned about transgender ideology and its impact on women.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    There are plenty of lifestyle choices presented to children by parents that are alot worse than allowing them to decide how they would like to be identified. Let's be honest though, how many parents are going to sit their kids down and have the conversation about transgenderism?
    The same people who promote the ideology of transgenderism have the same responsibility to point out the possible consequences down the line. As this seems to be a fairly recent thing it will take many years for the true outcome to be known.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Not in the classroom he isn't. What if one of the pupils identifies as gay? Is that teacher allowed to single out that child too? What if he just doesn't like other ethnicities, can he express that in school and single out the black kid?

The answer is obviously no. What he wants to have an opinion on in his own time is his business... He can't do that in his place of work.