+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rio Ferdinand comment

Rio Ferdinand comment

I've possibly seen one of the best comments anywhere by Rio Ferdinand, talking about Man Utd's demise (which I find absolutely hilarious btw). "These young kids now in schools around the country, they are not going to be wearing Manchester United shirts." Good. Feck the Premier League. Get those kids supporting their local football sides. Get Welsh kids supporting Cardiff, Swansea, Newport instead of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Ferdinand at all. If Man Utd ever dropped out of the Premier League my cock would literally fall off due to laughter.

Re: Rio Ferdinand comment

There will be even more Liverpool shirts than before in South Wales now though

I have a mate who “supports” Liverpool , he sits at home in his Liverpool shirt and scarf watching their games on the TV and texts me stuff such Campione and YNWA. He laughs when we lose and says what a shit team we are. He has never been to Anfield and never seen them play “live”. I feel sorry for him...

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    There will be even more Liverpool shirts than before in South Wales now though
    I don't believe you. All football fans' allegiences are written in stone and blood. How dare you suggest there might be fickle fans around South Wales who support the most successful side and would happily swap their allegience.

A "terrrible" Manchester United season is being in qualifying places for Europa League? There are so many clubs who have gone out of business or have nearly gone out of business that a little perspective is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've possibly seen one of the best comments anywhere by Rio Ferdinand, talking about Man Utd's demise (which I find absolutely hilarious btw). "These young kids now in schools around the country, they are not going to be wearing Manchester United shirts." Good. Feck the Premier League. Get those kids supporting their local football sides. Get Welsh kids supporting Cardiff, Swansea, Newport instead of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea.

I have absolutely no sympathy for Ferdinand at all. If Man Utd ever dropped out of the Premier League my cock would literally fall off due to laughter.
    THIS is still Ferdinand’s best ever comment, which is even better with the accompanying footage:

"Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him put whatever number he likes, for what he’s done since he’s come in. Let him sign the contract Ole’s at the wheel man, he’s doing it, he’s doing his thing. Man United are back."

😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    THIS is still Ferdinand’s best ever comment, which is even better with the accompanying footage:

"Get the contract out. Put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him put whatever number he likes, for what he’s done since he’s come in. Let him sign the contract Ole’s at the wheel man, he’s doing it, he’s doing his thing. Man United are back."

����������
    Fantastic!!

I might have mentioned the story, but many years ago, I met Rio Ferdinand in a chinese restaurant in Wetherby. He was playing for Leeds at the time. He turned up for a take away with a woman that turned up not to have been his wife at the time.

A few guys from the group I was with asked him for photos, autographs etc while he was waiting, so we got £20 together and got him a bottle of wine to go with his food. At the time we'd just won promotion to Division 2 (as it was then) and so I approached him to say I look forward to seeing him playing some time at Cardiff City (taking the piss a bit). He laughed and said "you never know".

3rd round draw and we were home to Leeds......

Still, on the positive side Statto, at least your missus would no longer have to lay there in the dark, gritting her teeth and thinking of one of your mates!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird23 View Post
    Still, on the positive side Statto, at least your missus would no longer have to lay there in the dark, gritting her teeth and thinking of one of your mates!
    Positives on both sides!

Fantastic!!

I might have mentioned the story, but many years ago, I met Rio Ferdinand in a chinese restaurant in Wetherby. He was playing for Leeds at the time. He turned up for a take away with a woman that turned up not to have been his wife at the time.

A few guys from the group I was with asked him for photos, autographs etc while he was waiting, so we got £20 together and got him a bottle of wine to go with his food. At the time we'd just won promotion to Division 2 (as it was then) and so I approached him to say I look forward to seeing him playing some time at Cardiff City (taking the piss a bit). He laughed and said "you never know".

You bought a footballer who earnt more whilst taking a piss than you would for an entire year working a bottle of wine. No wonder he was laughing.

I have a mate who “supports” Liverpool , he sits at home in his Liverpool shirt and scarf watching their games on the TV and texts me stuff such Campione and YNWA. He laughs when we lose and says what a shit team we are. He has never been to Anfield and never seen them play “live”. I feel sorry for him...
    Why does it bother you? You support Cardiff, I support Cardiff, I don't care what my mates do and who they support its up to them and I won't lose sleep over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Do me a Faerber View Post
    You bought a footballer who earnt more whilst taking a piss than you would for an entire year working a bottle of wine. No wonder he was laughing.
    Yeah it struck me as weird too.

"Lads lads 2 quid a man"

Fantastic!!

Having witnessed at first hand his demise at Ninian Park when Gavin Gordon pollacked into touch and then limping off, for me he was never going to be good enough for us , at the time we had Scotty Young anyways , and many giants in that position followed , he'd never have got a game anyways , guess that's why he never signed for us .

I think that it was the jesture, rather than the value of the wine.

I think that it was the jesture, rather than the value of the wine.
    You're joking, shirley.

As has been said, we felt it was a nice gesture to someone who just popped out quietly for a takeaway but was happy to have some photos taken, have a chat with a few of us, sign a few autographs etc. I've been to darts exhibitions and have managed on a couple of occasions to buy the pro a pint. Just a nice token of appreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You're joking, shirley.

lol. My misteak

lol. My misteak
    Belonging to Ann Teak?

Fantastic!!

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    "Lads lads 2 quid a man"

😂😂😂😂😂
    **** the big clubs. Their demises can't come quickly enough. I remember leaving the Carling Cup final completely deflated and what would have been the best moment of my footballing life while Liverpool thought getting an early train was more important. **** em.

Everyone knows one of these twats I bet....w@nkers of the world. Got far more respect for a jack than these people.

When we played Arsenal in the FA Cup away I offered assistance to a couple of lads with South Wales accents who were clearly struggling to find the route to the ground on the tube. We got chatting and it emerged they were both there to support the home team.

Fantastic!!

Cringe