+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warnock will walk....

Re: Warnock will walk....

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Could he be trusted to spend it wisely?

I don’t think what he has had to spend he’s spent wisely.

Going back to last season as well.
    Murphy looks a very good player. When Warnock took over we were near the bottom of the Championship. A season later we were promoted having spent a lot less than all of our major rivals. What needed to happen after this success was a major overhaul of the squad in preparation for the Premier League. That didn't happen, hence our current plight.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Careful.
    Who do you reckon is the best of our recent managers?

Was Warnock under the weather yesterday?

Did he have a cold/'flu?

Using a hankie before the name and seemed flushed afterwards in interviews - in fact, he hasn't looked well for a lot of the present season to my eye.

Just a thought.....

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Who do you reckon is the best of our recent managers?
    Russell Slade innit

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Was Warnock under the weather yesterday?

Did he have a cold/'flu?

Using a hankie before the name and seemed flushed afterwards in interviews - in fact, he hasn't looked well for a lot of the present season to my eye.

Just a thought.....
    At his age he should be enjoying his retirement. Managing in the premier league is stressful, and more stressful its going to get for him until he gets this first win. Not a nice place for anyone to be at the moment, especially a 70 year old, who is also disliked in the media. Theres no chance of them cutting him any slack.

Look at Mourinho, what happened to that handsome chappy who first moved to these shores from Porto?

Hes aged about 30 years in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The only thing I find strange about all of this is surely NW could see this squad was nowhere near good enough to sompete in the EPL? I just watched a program about City and this summer he was talking about finishing mid table or better!
    He's not going to say we're going to go down, is he? Fulham have spent £100m and they're rubbish. We weren't ever going to have a major rebuild, we had to gamble our defence was good enough as that what we were built on last year. The lack of a striker was alarming but he tried, and failed, to get anyone in. When the likes of Assombalonga cost £15m, we were always going to struggle to "buy British" or at least from English clubs. Heck, we spent £6m on Madine, so I'd want £20m for anyone half decent if we were that thick.

I'm not defending Warnock here but it's not like we're getting embarrassed. I though we'd win yesterday but we threw it away. It was always going to be tough but Warnock isn't getting it right so far. The frustrating thing is we're not a million miles away but we're running out of time already. We really could do with a result against Spurs, hopefully they get into a good game vs Barca on Wednesday. Probably our best opportunity vs one of the "big boys". Annoyingly we're playing both Liverpool and Spurs after CL home games, we could have done with a nice horrible away day before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's not going to say we're going to go down, is he? Fulham have spent £100m and they're rubbish.

Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Are you serious?
    Well, they're 17th and have conceded 16, just like Cardiff and Huddersfield so they're hardly Barcelona.

Well, they're 17th and have conceded 16, just like Cardiff and Huddersfield so they're hardly Barcelona.
    Righto. I'll guess we'll see just how rubbish they are in a few weeks.

They'll probably beat Cardiff, and rubbish might be an exaggeration but I still maintain they'll struggle. If Denis Odoi is playing centre half in the Premier League, something hasn't gone to plan. I think they've bought a lot of names, such as Vietto and Schurrle who have better reputations than their recent form deserves, as well as signing two keepers and then keeping Bettinelli in net.

Oh dear.

Fulham have bigger problems than we do. With their spending and the wages they are carrying, if they go down they'll be the next Bolton. Blimey, they made Arsenal look outstanding and we saw they can be got at.

I saw the game yesterday, and with ten men you were in with a shout right up to the end. Truth is you didn't get enough quality in during the summer, and I don't think anyone could do a better job, of getting the best out of the squad you have, than than Warnock is doing. Long way to go and you're not really adrift.

Are you serious?
    In hindsight, absolutely rubbish.

In hindsight, absolutely rubbish.
    😂

We really did see how good they were. How prophetic you are TLG 😂😂
    Last edited by StraightOuttaCanton; 20-10-18 at 23:21. Reason: .

I guess when you watch from afar, like the “expert” pundits you can only base strong opinions on weak observations.

Have that up your chuffa

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Have that up your chuffa
    Oh dear!