+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cameron Coxe released.....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cameron Coxe released.....

Strange time of year to be doing that. 8 players seems a lot. Sounds a liitle disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Strange time of year to be doing that. 8 players seems a lot. Sounds a liitle disruptive.
    I don't think so, can't see a reason why the club would keep them on until the end of the season if they have no future at the club. Get rid of them, thank them for their services and lets start getting better players in. It also gives these lads a head start on finding another club. As for CC, maybe the writing was on the wall for him already, he had two chances to impress in the FA cup and he bombed, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think so, can't see a reason why the club would keep them on until the end of the season if they have no future at the club. Get rid of them, thank them for their services and lets start getting better players in. It also gives these lads a head start on finding another club. As for CC, maybe the writing was on the wall for him already, he had two chances to impress in the FA cup and he bombed, simple as that.
    What sort of age-range are we talking about? Will they be able to replace them in time to play this season?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What sort of age-range are we talking about? Will they be able to replace them in time to play this season?
    It doesn't matter in my opinion. They're not good enough. I don't know if they'll be replaced, what it means is that someone else gets a chance or a young player advances into the u23s.

It doesn't matter in my opinion. They're not good enough. I don't know if they'll be replaced, what it means is that someone else gets a chance or a young player advances into the u23s.
    Haven't we been here before though? New manager comes in, big statement about disappointment in youth not progressing into first team, players get let go, repeat cycle 18 months-3 years later. Not going to argue all our youth players have deserved more of a chance but there is a distinction to be made between not good enough and not fancied by current manger, as well as general disappointment that no matter how many changes are made we seem to lack route to first team for youth prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Haven't we been here before though? New manager comes in, big statement about disappointment in youth not progressing into first team, players get let go, repeat cycle 18 months-3 years later. Not going to argue all our youth players have deserved more of a chance but there is a distinction to be made between not good enough and not fancied by current manger, as well as general disappointment that no matter how many changes are made we seem to lack route to first team for youth prospects.
    Probably happened before although it seems like Morrison and Harris are acting quickly by effectively putting these players out of their misery. They've identified weakness and they've made a decision by paying them up early. What happens now remains to be seen. If any of these players had been performing well then they wouldn't have been released, the manager and the coaches would have seen enough of them to make a decision on their future, they may get one or two wrong, but that's football. I'm not sure of the ages of the players released but i suppose it's between 18 and 21? if so, they really need to be around the first team by now.

Can you imagine being a young player hoping to impress and finding yourself on the field with older professionals who have been told to throw the game. It would hardly fill you with confidence.