+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shirt Pulling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Shirt Pulling

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is it accepted by refs as ok now? There’s times in all games now, not just ours, where it’s clearly visible to all, yet the game just carries on. The more it goes unpunished, the more it continues. I’m sure that in the past a blatant pulling of the opponent’s shirt in the penalty area would result in a spot kick. There’s times when it’s so obvious that you can see the player’s bare back, no free kick though, frustrating & annoying.
    Unless we get away with it. It's been happening for years, at nearly every set piece, usually more than one player doing it, sometimes both players from opposing sides holding on to each others shirt (work that one out) It would take a brave ref, loads of yellow-Red cards, about 8 penalties in a game to sort that one out, and it would still happen. If i was a referee i wouldn't want that smoke. There wouldn't be thirty thousand fans in the stands applauding him or her on their bravery by completely ****ing the game up on every set piece. **** it, best left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Unless we get away with it. It's been happening for years, at nearly every set piece, usually more than one player doing it, sometimes both players from opposing sides holding on to each others shirt (work that one out) It would take a brave ref, loads of yellow-Red cards, about 8 penalties in a game to sort that one out, and it would still happen. If i was a referee i wouldn't want that smoke. There wouldn't be thirty thousand fans in the stands applauding him or her on their bravery by completely ****ing the game up on every set piece. **** it, best left alone.
    So leave foul play alone then? Surely penalising it should result in cutting it out.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    So leave foul play alone then? Surely penalising it should result in cutting it out.
    Yup, leave it alone. It's entrenched in the game. There's so much of it going on that referees wouldn't stand a chance, and fans would be freaking out for the game stopping at every set piece, and i mean every one. There's subtle fouls going on in aerial challenges on most occasions, players putting their arse in, holding on to a player, putting their weight on them so they can't jump as well. There's loads of stuff going on and it's way too deep to sort out. It would effectively ruin the game if refs blew up on everything. Unless of course we just pick up on set pieces, then fans would moan about all of the other stuff that goes on that isn't penalised.

I'm not bothered by it, couldn't care less really. It is what it is. Football is to far gone. Players are treated like gods, Fans are up in arms if things go against them on radio shows, social media etc, telling usall how much it could cost their club as a consequence of the referee not picking up a foul etc. So, we're all to blame because of the lack of tolerance afforded to officials, TV revenue, big business not wanting the product to look shit etc and fans crying every two minutes when their team is stiffed but say **** all when it goes their way. it's here to stay, and the authorities aren't going to do a thing about it.

International

Cardiff player pulls a shirt as did Ronald it's a penalty.

Swansea players pulls NG's shirt much more aggressively it's fine play on the goal counts, it's just typical.

Yet, as I mentioned above, a Leicester player was booked for it today. Where’s the consistency? Foul play is foul play, the ref was correct today, that’s how it should be. I get what you’re saying that it’s too far gone but how further is it going to go? There was the early season clampdown resulting in 10+ minutes added time in a lot of games and it has carried on, not to the same extent, but 6 & 7 minutes are the norm whereas previous seasons has been 2 & 3 minutes. The added time has certainly benefited us this season, I’d like to think our late successes has been due to time wasting by teams leading us. That clampdown should be getting through to time wasters who are leading, Wolves yesterday perhaps. Next clampdown … shirt pulling…I’m leading the charge