Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
And again, they were turned on so early in the game, there was so much left to play. AND if we'd lost last night that would have been the first loss we'd seen at home this season, it's not as if that crowd's used to seeing us get battered at home every week and has reached the end of its tether. Personally I think that that's the pathetic thing.
Do you think the negative reaction was down to what was happening in this one game in isolation? I don't.

In terms of basic skills like passing the ball and delivering set-pieces, the current side often looks abysmal even when it's winning or drawing. I genuinely can't remember a City side looking so poor at this level since they returned to it in 2003. Of course, they have spirit and determination, they fight and battle and they often manage to unsettle much better footballing sides as a result, last night being a fine example of that. They manage to grind out results by hook or by crook. Nevertheless, their play is generally ugly. I think the crowd has been reacting to that more than individual errors.