Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
A couple of things strike me with this "final signing"

1. If we took Warnock out of the equation I am not sure there would be so much elation over the signing of Tomlin or any of the other signings really - that's not a criticism as I am more than happy we are shopping within the budget of a club who attracts 15k supporters at best.
2. The pressure is on Warnock to turn a trick on all signings due to budget
3. To spend what is nearly 1/2 of the overall budget on one player and that player being tomlin is a bit bizarre as I like Tomlin and have always been fairly impressed when he has played against us but not for 1/2 our available budget
4. Why has Warnock gone from saying he wanted another two/three players to now only one and that's it - I still think we are short up front to be honest - Saadi is an unknown, Ward is new and untested for us, Healy is injured and well Fred is Fred!!! That puts a lot of pressure in Zohore who is still relatively young in terms of experience?

Never mind as most people seem to say recently in Warnock we trust!!
A you say budget ,and I would add in FFP , and plan B .

I think he got part of the budget for signings and part to keep others such as Manga and Gunnerson ,and ?? .

Your not going to get much for 2.9 million anyway , so why not take a punt on a known entity in this league after failing on the two Scottish lads ,who may well flop .

This puts pressure on Warnock ,not Zohore.

Warnock is a proven experienced football man , a motivator, no fool or naive , so its not a case of in Warnock we trust its in Warnock what we know, surly ? one could argue he's streets ahead of our recent batch of managers .

What if the budget spend is 2 fold now and in January when we need a push ,keeping something for another day is something I would do ?

What if we now see season long loan moves in ?

I do know we won't go down ,we play in blue ,we are funded to an extent ,under FFP , the owner has kept faith , the mangers has enthusiasm, and I get to go down and support the team I love .

Happy days