+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bananas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bananas

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I don't know how you concluded that the Jamaican banana industry decimated by the US lobbying on behalf of the US company Chiquita would somehow rise from the ashes post hard Brexit but then again I guess there is quite a bit about agriculture you are still wrestling with.

Still, I have a little familiarity with cattle (and other livestock industry) and regularly liaised with our devolved colleagues. Those animal id regulations must have been a real bind. I say as one who had some oversight for the regulatory regime.

I fully understand your angst about people thinking you are a 6ft 4 inch white rabbit called Harvey who hangs around with Wales Bales. I just want to talk agriculture with you!
    Oh, you're a WB nutter are you ?
    For what it's worth I'm sure you know bugger all about farming, but I don't care. You're actually sitting there persisting with your stupid little theory that I'm WB and now you're trying to catch me out because you're determined that you couldn't have been wrong .
    Seriously, mate, if you think I'm WB or you think I'm a Martian I don't care.
    You've got to be some kind of nut case for it to even occur to you to start investigating people on a football message board .

If you care for some reason read my profile. It's general for obvious reasons, but it's perfectly accurate and if you don't believe that I don't care.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Oh, you're a WB nutter are you ?
    For what it's worth I'm sure you know bugger all about farming, but I don't care. You're actually sitting there persisting with your stupid little theory that I'm WB and now you're trying to catch me out because you're determined that you couldn't have been wrong .
    Seriously, mate, if you think I'm WB or you think I'm a Martian I don't care.
    You've got to be some kind of nut case for it to even occur to you to start investigating people on a football message board .

If you care for some reason read my profile. It's general for obvious reasons, but it's perfectly accurate and if you don't believe that I don't care.
    I just read your profile, simply because you just mentioned it, hope that does not make me a WB nutter?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I just read your profile, simply because you just mentioned it, hope that does not make me a WB nutter?

No, not at all. That's what they're for.
    When I joined I left it blank but then a bunch of people who don't like WB started claiming I was him. You'll have seen that I reasoned with them and I filled in the profile really to make it obvious that wasn't the case.
    The reason I said he's a WB nutter is that he's trawled through that profile in order to pick up things, ( in this case the fact that I had a farm before I retired), then use them to try and catch me out. He won't because I've never lied here about myself ,WB or anything else.

Re your own comments about whether your sane, well I expect you like a laugh etc but you equally don't seem fixated on a false idea that I'm WB and you don't troll me about that all the time

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    No, not at all. That's what they're for.
    When I joined I left it blank but then a bunch of people who don't like WB started claiming I was him. You'll have seen that I reasoned with them and I filled in the profile really to make it obvious that wasn't the case.
    The reason I said he's a WB nutter is that he's trawled through that profile in order to pick up things, ( in this case the fact that I had a farm before I retired), then use them to try and catch me out. He won't because I've never lied here about myself ,WB or anything else.

Re your own comments about whether your sane, well I expect you like a laugh etc but you equally don't seem fixated on a false idea that I'm WB and you don't troll me about that all the time
    I know you haven't been a board member for very long so it may come as a surprise to you that on a laptop part of your profile (the bit that says you live in East Anglia) loads for each message you post. You might be even more surprised to realise that it was your post #25 where you stated "No, I'm in a very rural location and although I'm retired now I did used to own a fairly big farm, so I must have been very lucky to get away with my poor knowledge of agriculture" rather than any trawling through your profile.

You later clarified that the farm in question was not in East Anglia but a mixed livestock holding in Scotland. As someone with an interest and experience in agriculture, though more from policy rather than practical application I am happy to discuss your reflections, particularly in a thread called "Bananas".

I am happy to give you the benefit of the doubt on your assertions that you are not Wales-Bales. It would take a massive lack of self-awareness to continue with the pretence of inventing a like-minded chum and keep that going for a few weeks, even going to the length of replying on your behalf from his account. Not that I think that is beyond him but it would be very sad even for him.

Still you seem to have hit the ground running. Not that you care but I like others have WB on ignore to avoid my confusion more than anything!