Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
The old ‘proper’ Grangetown End was something else (not like that latter day concrete terrace affair). Frightening place to be late 60s/early 70s, some right nutters inhabiting the place. Frightening in a great way, wouldn’t have missed bouncing up & down on the wooden terracing for the world. Certainly don’t want to glorify or revel in terrace shenanigans but the taking & repelling the taking of ‘ends’ was a rite of passage every football fan of a certain age encountered I would imagine. Talk about battling for the pride of your ‘End’ Jeez, looking back it was open house for loonies. As I said though, wouldn’t have missed it for the world, Anyone up for getting on Bournemouth’s End two hours before kick off ????😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
It was indeed a very strange time as a youngster I don't think I worked it out ,all that running from one end to another , pownding r down streets , chanting love songs at coppers in black hats , jumping off coaches before being ambushed by the home fans , coppers on horse back chasing fans , yes catching that ride down the grangend stand ,oh yes, some even set fire to it for a laugh ,whilst singing "Ninian Park is burning down " ,strange and somewhat bewildering times, when matched by today's controlled environment.