+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Youngsters on Phones and stress and mental health issues?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Youngsters on Phones and stress and mental health issues?

Can't speak for them, but being in my mid 30s I see a direct link with the time I spend on my phone and how I feel. Scrolling for hours I feel awful, when I get up if I don't look at my phone for the first half hour I actually end up having a productive day, get to the gym and do what I need to do which results in me being less stressed as I've got no chores or important things being pushed back or ignored.

My daughter uses her phone a bit but isn't a heavy social media user she barely uses Facebook only to say happy birthday to family etc and snapchat which she also doesn't use a lot and she seems to be happier for it, sue will be productive with her day getting coursework and revision done and not let her phone distract her.

I think social media shows them a perfect world and they feel depressed looking at what they haven't got instead of being happy with who they are and what they have got.

Laugh if you want but I think the selfie has a lot to answer for as well, people looking for happiness with likes and interactions on photos they take ages getting just right..i think that's a mental illness in itself.

International

Re: Youngsters on Phones and stress and mental health issues?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can't speak for them, but being in my mid 30s I see a direct link with the time I spend on my phone and how I feel. Scrolling for hours I feel awful, when I get up if I don't look at my phone for the first half hour I actually end up having a productive day, get to the gym and do what I need to do which results in me being less stressed as I've got no chores or important things being pushed back or ignored.

My daughter uses her phone a bit but isn't a heavy social media user she barely uses Facebook only to say happy birthday to family etc and snapchat which she also doesn't use a lot and she seems to be happier for it, sue will be productive with her day getting coursework and revision done and not let her phone distract her.

I think social media shows them a perfect world and they feel depressed looking at what they haven't got instead of being happy with who they are and what they have got.

Laugh if you want but I think the selfie has a lot to answer for as well, people looking for happiness with likes and interactions on photos they take ages getting just right..i think that's a mental illness in itself.
    I agree I have kids in their twenties and both to me spend far too long on them, they can be in the room but at the same time completely somewhere else, they don't really get any normal relaxing time, because they are always chatting or doing something on their phones. I just think long term it can't be very good for you and another observation is they want bigger and better celebrations and parties, their equivalent of keeping up with the Joneses, influenced by competitiveness from Instagram.