+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

Re: So IF Slade goes - who would you want in ?

I'm surprised at the mentions for Nigel Pearson, he's always struck me as a right weirdo.

What I find strange is why VT has always criticised the salary that Malky was on and made public that Slade is on a much lower salary.

Does it make much sense to appoint a man who is THE most important person at the club on a salary which is a relative pittance?
    Surely you are better off getting the managerial position right as that is where you are likely to make money through possible promotion and good acquisitions.

Money doesn't guarantee the right person will be found but I think we've proved "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

Velikonja was on more than Malky ffs

I dont think Tan would go for Perason. I think he will be considered racist by association due to his son's actions last year.

There's been some very good names metioned so far. It would be Bellers for me. He would definitely breathe fire back into the club, and is not afraid to tell players if they are,t pulling their wait. But we would need a go-between to handle Tan. Slade could fit that roll. He could keep Tan happy, and let Bellers handle the playing side.

Is Bellamy really suited to management?

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey-Butt View Post
    There's been some very good names metioned so far. It would be Bellers for me. He would definitely breathe fire back into the club, and is not afraid to tell players if they are,t pulling their wait. But we would need a go-between to handle Tan. Slade could fit that roll. He could keep Tan happy, and let Bellers handle the playing side.
    Like many, I think that bellers would be a good gamble but see the possibility of him just storming out mid season after continual differences of opinion with Tan, being told your players have to shoot more etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    Like many, I think that bellers would be a good gamble but see the possibility of him just storming out mid season after continual differences of opinion with Tan, being told your players have to shoot more etc. etc.
    Shoot more WHAT !

We don't wanna go down the cycling route.

Poyet

People seem to be assuming that any new manager will have ample funds provided for a good crack at promotion.
    I doubt this will be the case, I think it is at least another season of cost reduction, which makes me think Slade will stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    People seem to be assuming that any new manager will have ample funds provided for a good crack at promotion.
    I doubt this will be the case, I think it is at least another season of cost reduction, which makes me think Slade will stay.

Marshall & Manga going to fund teambuilding, FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Marshall & Manga going to fund teambuilding, FACT.
    Not sure how much you think we will be getting for those 2, but both derby and Middlesbrough have spent in excess of 20 m this season strengthening already very good sides and they could both miss out on promotion.
    I'd hazard a guess we'd get around 8 million for the pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I honestly don't understand why cost cutting has to mean we have to keep Slade.
    I think you can cut costs in a far more imaginative way than Slade has done.

I'm not one who demands promotion next season, and I'd love to see us build something in a more steady way as long as we could all see some proper progress. In a similar way that Man City have done behind the scenes without their outlay on players.

There is no doubt in my mind that Slade is not the man with the vision to implement this and if we are going to go forward and not just tread water then he needs to be replaced.

The club will stand still at best with Slade still as manager.
    For the sake of the club and its supporters we need a change; we can't put up with that sort of football again can we? We just don't deserve it and for those people do say only change if you know is going to come in, well in my view that is shortsighted & narrowminded.
    any football club worth it's salt should know how to source a decent enough manager in this day and age

Can I remind everyone we are under a Transfer Embargo? I've not seen any news of it being lifted any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tandy View Post
    When a player is coming to the end of his playing days he starts thinking about a managerial position, which is what Bellamy is trying to achieve at CCFC. He is not interested in the club he is just trying to secure his future.
    Nothing new there then thats what they all do.

Blue in the Face

Of all the many mistakes OGS made, the biggest one for me was pushing Mark Hudson out of the club. Very jealous of Huddersfield priming him to be a coach there. Wish he was doing that here.

A friend of mine who lives in Lincolnshire has posted on the blog that this bloke

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/129...raintree_Town/

has got a very big future in management.

I'm embarrassed to say that I'd not heard of him until I looked him up, but he's got part time Braintree into the Conference Play Offs while utilising an attractive brand of football - someone has pointed out that he's another PE teacher mind .

PAUL LAMBERT HAS A PROVEN RECORD OF GETTING UP FROM CHAMP

Dirk Schuster

Looks like Steve Tucker has been reading this thread 😄 http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...dates-11278724

PAUL LAMBERT .... NIGEL PEARSON

good shout with billy davies

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Looks like Steve Tucker has been reading this thread �� http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/f...dates-11278724
    Na, he missed my pick

Quote Originally Posted by WINSTON WOLF View Post
    good shout with billy davies
    You are joking .....

alex mcleish is available. he would walk this league with any squad.