+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I am voting Labour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I am voting Labour

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    It was Labour (shock horror) that introduced tuition fees 1998 - in case you missed it.

If there were fewer kids going to university - maybe the Govt could to help with finance. But we want more kids in universities dont we ? so what would you cut or tax raise in order to get your daughters fees paid ?

Did you vote for Blair knowing he was going to introduce tuition fees ?
    Yes I agree with you on this. It was Blair's Government that brought in tuition fees in an attempt to make it possible for there to be a huge increase in under graduates without encumbering the state with all of the costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yes I agree with you on this. It was Blair's Government that brought in tuition fees in an attempt to make it possible for there to be a huge increase in under graduates without encumbering the state with all of the costs.
    Only it completely capitalised the system and universities no longer value their courses, taking on any bum if they throw money at them.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    the policy aim was to reduce youth unemployment. it was shifting the goalposts - political gain whilst lumbering hundreds of thousands of people with massive debt.

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    the policy aim was to reduce youth unemployment. it was shifting the goalposts - political gain whilst lumbering hundreds of thousands of people with massive debt.
    Spot on!

The technical education reforms are 20 years too late.