+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Georgia v Wales - No Bale

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I am quite glad at this fact, the irish are celebrating bale being out on their forum + social media.

The underdog tag is good at times

I'm glad we've got those three to choose from. But I'd give lawrence another bash I think, with woodburn coming on again. I've only seen Brooks v wednesday

Lawrence and Kanu on the wings with vokes upfront maybe.
    If Coleman goes with that front 3 we are out!

Woodburn has got to be the replacement for Bale and I'd be considering Brooks starting too.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    If Coleman goes with that front 3 we are out!

Woodburn has got to be the replacement for Bale and I'd be considering Brooks starting too.
    If think Vokes is nailed on to start.

Without him we'd have kanu as the focal point, that isn't happening.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    If think Vokes is nailed on to start.

Without him we'd have kanu as the focal point, that isn't happening.
    Hal was pivitol against Moldova. You don't know what you're going to get with Hal, but he's put in some splendid performances for Wales over the past few years. That said, Georgia are apparently weak on set pieces and defending headers so we may well see Vokes start. Possibly both?

If Brooks were a couple of caps in and proven internationally already I'd be expecting him to start because of form. With Bale out, we might have to opt for quicker players where we can. I won't be surprised to see Woodburn start because he is a very similar player to Brooks. It's quite likely that one will be the substitute for the other against Georgia.

The fact that Cookie replaced Bale with Bradshaw shows that he's probably thinking about going for the wing back system again.