+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's Coming Home

Heisenberg

It's Coming Home

That is all

Re: It's Coming Home

Very possibly, since it was a French bloke who helped to get the World Cup going.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Very possibly, since it was a French bloke who helped to get the World Cup going.
    After all the tragedy that country has faced recently , they deserve a big celebration, and they are the best in this tournament, anyway .

Get your orders in lads for next season
    https://www.theflagshop.co.uk/croatia-flag.html

Such realism and perspective now from the cock-eds on ITV.

Why can't they be so level-headed before the games.......that's their problem, you remain humble until you've actually done something , then you eulogise. Not eulogising THEN whimpering when you've ****ed up.

They'll never change.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Get your orders in lads for next season
    https://www.theflagshop.co.uk/croatia-flag.html

Over the moon. Feck off home you English kents.

They get beaten by two good teams, one of those played a weakened side, scraped past Columbia on pens, yet they’re heroes? So over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    They get beaten by two good teams, one of those played a weakened side, scraped past Columbia on pens, yet they’re heroes? So over the top.
    Who cares, let them enjoy it, we would be. It's better than the usual postmortem you get, at least now most of them accept their position in the game

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Because they were fancied to make the quarters at best before the tournement and they had their best tournement for about 20 years?

I think their expectations are a lot more realistic and they ended up enjoying the tournment. They're a young squad who got to the semis if they can't enjoy that what can they enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Who cares, let them enjoy it, we would be. It's better than the usual postmortem you get, at least now most of them accept their position in the game
    I agree but don't they (or some of them) enjoy it in a tiresome way? It's been #cominghome since Panama. Football's coming home was (partly) about hosting a tournament and this summer they made it about a trophy coming home, even though they (or any of the home nations) had nothing to do with the World Cup until 1950. Maybe it was all tongue in cheek, and perhaps I'm looking at this through daffodil tinted glasses but two years ago there was a sense of wonderment and disbelief about our run. Maybe they have more of a right to 'dare to dream' and there were plenty of people who just enjoyed the ride as we did, but that isn't how it comes across sometimes.

I wonder if They'll have an open top parade when they get back

Piers Morgan springs to mind

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    I wonder if They'll have an open top parade when they get back

Piers Morgan springs to mind
    I have also been fervently hoping they do a parade.

I think a lot of those England fans should start supporting lower division teams and stop listening to the hysterical sound bites on television. The lunacy of England fans in the pubs going ballistic when they went 1-0 up against Panama was embarrassing. It's like us going 1-0 up against Bournemouth next month and saying the Premierships coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    It's like us going 1-0 up against Bournemouth next month and saying the Premierships coming home.
    That will undoubtedly happen, but only in the most humorous of ways!!