+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: To all the woe us me :

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: To all the woe us me :

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ah yes, "the trenches". Which NONE of us on here are aquainted with..."
    Curses! I've been rumbled

I am of course speaking metaphorically... but then I'm sure you knew that.

There is much negativity spoken but not many solutions to what is a very complex problem.

There will be more twists to the story and I prefer chirpy rather than defeatist.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Let's be honest - it's a terrible metaphor, isn't it?

There is much negativity spoken but not many solutions to what is a very complex problem.

There will be more twists to the story and I prefer chirpy rather than defeatist.

The trenches line always gets used when we look like we are in trouble.
    The atmosphere inside the ground has been positive all season and thats all we can do. If we moan about poor tactics and selections online, it will have no bearing on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    The trenches line always gets used when we look like we are in trouble.
    The atmosphere inside the ground has been positive all season and thats all we can do. If we moan about poor tactics and selections online, it will have no bearing on the results.
    It's a fair point though. I wouldn't want to be next any of you guys in the trenches because none of you own a machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's a fair point though. I wouldn't want to be next any of you guys in the trenches because none of you own a machine gun.
    There's a few around me , that if we were in the trenches together , Id sternly advise and help them to go over the top early, as its was safer , , because the first few shots are a bit wayward anyway ,bit like our free scoring frontline .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Who would want to be in the trenches with the defeatists “we’re getting bombed anyway may as well stay here”

There is some middle ground between chirpy and defeatist - realist.

We been genuinely woeful for the last two games and to say otherwise is deluded. Blame aside, something has to change, be it tactics, personnel, training. I'll always cheer the team on at the ground but this is a forum where we exchange views and opinions and slating someone for expressing concern over our recent bad performances seems odd.