+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which CCMB poster will the subject of an article in "Family Tree" magazine?

Re: Which CCMB poster will the subject of an article in "Family Tree" magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Peter was not what I would call normal, it was pretty grim reading finding out what he got up to, are you glad you did it though?

Does he break in to their bedrooms and seduce them?
    I am glad I done it, although I could never have done it without the help of Cyclops. Some of the stuff he found out was incredible.
    Here's a snippet from mine. My great grandfathers sister married her uncle, her fathers brother. How fooked up is that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    I am glad I done it, although I could never have done it without the help of Cyclops. Some of the stuff he found out was incredible.
    Here's a snippet from mine. My great grandfathers sister married her uncle, her fathers brother. How fooked up is that.
    Incest....a game for all the family.

How did you go about researching your family? I doubt I could give it the time it required but would certainly have an interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Incest....a game for all the family.

How did you go about researching your family? I doubt I could give it the time it required but would certainly have an interest.
    I was getting nowhere myself so I asked Cyclops if he would be interested in chasing my family tree back for me and he kindly agreed to do it. He managed to chase mine back to 1668.
    If you want my advice I wouldn't bother trying to chase it back yourself. You're far better off paying someone like Cyclops or another expert to do it for you, because they will find out so much more info than you ever will.

Didn't think you were a Jack mate.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Well played Tony

I was getting nowhere myself so I asked Cyclops if he would be interested in chasing my family tree back for me and he kindly agreed to do it. He managed to chase mine back to 1668.
    If you want my advice I wouldn't bother trying to chase it back yourself. You're far better off paying someone like Cyclops or another expert to do it for you, because they will find out so much more info than you ever will.
    Thanks for those kind words! Appreciated!

In truth (as you know) your family was the most convoluted and tangled I've ever researched. We had to order several certs to confirm what was suspected- and it wasn't always pleasant reading: but so interesting!

One thing that readers should know (and is obvious from this thread) is that I don't just provide names, places and dates, but I research newspapers for stories that feature their family. The stories that emerge are sometimes breathtaking. Mrs SR's ancestors would fill three WDYTYA and The Alien's, could only be shown after the watershed. I'm itching to tell more - but all research is 100% confidential.

Blog Entries

I guess you have to be prepared to find out any bad stuff too, still... interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    I guess you have to be prepared to find out any bad stuff too, still... interesting though.

I did some of my own research when I was between jobs a few years ago. Found out that my paternal Great Grandfather came home from WWI and sadly took his own life, I guess these days we'd chalk that up to PTSD. Also found a record of another (female) relative who ended up in a work house after she was widowed.

On my maternal side I managed to trace my great grandfather as an immigrant from Ireland, and would've been interested in finding out a bit more about my Irish roots, but drew a complete blank

That's not at all unusual. Half the people in one particular community are so inbred that some of them are their own grandparents. But everyone is inbred to some extent. I read in the link below that if you meet some random stranger in the UK then there is a 50% chance that he is your fifth cousin. If that is true then some of people reading this thread are also descendants of the ancestors mentioned above. To be fifth cousins your common ancestor would need to be a g.g.g.g.g.grandparent. For me that would be someone born in the 1700s.

If you live in Pakistan any random stranger has a 50% chance of being your second cousin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-millions.html

Blog Entries

I did some of my own research when I was between jobs a few years ago. Found out that my paternal Great Grandfather came home from WWI and sadly took his own life, I guess these days we'd chalk that up to PTSD. Also found a record of another (female) relative who ended up in a work house after she was widowed.

On my maternal side I managed to trace my great grandfather as an immigrant from Ireland, and would've been interested in finding out a bit more about my Irish roots, but drew a complete blank
    Aww that's sad, I imagine that happened quite a lot, the same with workhouses too, surprising to see how many children ended up in them.
    I would stick at it if I were you, or get Cyclops on to it, his eye does not miss much.