+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tony Blair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tony Blair

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    They’re all the same.

Btw I thought you told us not to trust msm?
    It was originally reported in the Telegraph, and they aren't Tony Blair's biggest fans. Naturally the BBC failed to mention it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It was originally reported in the Telegraph, and they aren't Tony Blair's biggest fans. Naturally the BBC failed to mention it at all.
    So am I supposed to trust msm or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    So am I supposed to trust msm or not?
    Depends. The Torygraph hated Blair, so it is probably a believable story. The BBC also failed to mention it, which gives the story further credibility. I'd rate it 99% chance of being true, based on the fact that Blair is a globalist, the BBC are globalists, and the Torygraph are anti-globalist.

Blog Entries

Depends. The Torygraph hated Blair, so it is probably a believable story. The BBC also failed to mention it, which gives the story further credibility. I'd rate it 99% chance of being true, based on the fact that Blair is a globalist, the BBC are globalists, and the Torygraph are anti-globalist.
    For dialectics to work you need opposing views.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    For dialectics to work you need opposing views.
    Have the Beeb mentioned the Uranium One scandal that is lighting up Capital Hill? I expect they have, considering they had no qualms about doing over the top wall-to-wall coverage of the fake Trump pissing dossier

Blog Entries

Have the Beeb mentioned the Uranium One scandal that is lighting up Capital Hill? I expect they have, considering they had no qualms about doing over the top wall-to-wall coverage of the fake Trump pissing dossier
    I'm not sure what you're getting at?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I am definitely objective and unbiased when I talk about people I hate.

A quick flick through the Telegraph articles about the 'Remaniac-in-chief' will show they are not his biggest fan.

A quick flick through the Telegraph articles about the 'Remaniac-in-chief' will show they are not his biggest fan.
    and that would make you more likely to believe a negative story they write about him? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    and that would make you more likely to believe a negative story they write about him? Why?
    He's trying to screw up Brexit isn't he? So I presume a pro-Brexit newspaper would like to discredit him.

I'm far from Blair's biggest fan either (he's the classic case of me needing to believe my first impressions of someone, because I didn't like him when he was being talked of as a bright young thing in the Labour party in the eighties, then I got taken in by all the New Labour bollox in 97, but, like you, I only voted Labour once in a General Election under his leadership), but I'd like to think I would need more than the fact the Telegraph doesn't like him before I became convinced that something they alleged about him was true.

Presumably you don't regard, say, the Telegraph and the Mail as mainstream media these days, because there are times when you give them a great deal of credence. On the other hand, you struggle to believe anything the MSM may say about Trump - there doesn't seem to be any nuances or shades of grey in your world.

I'm far from Blair's biggest fan either (he's the classic case of me needing to believe my first impressions of someone, because I didn't like him when he was being talked of as a bright young thing in the Labour party in the eighties, then I got taken in by all the New Labour bollox in 97, but, like you, I only voted Labour once in a General Election under his leadership), but I'd like to think I would need more than the fact the Telegraph doesn't like him before I became convinced that something they alleged about him was true.

Presumably you don't regard, say, the Telegraph and the Mail as mainstream media these days, because there are times when you give them a great deal of credence. On the other hand, you struggle to believe anything the MSM may say about Trump - there doesn't seem to be any nuances or shades of grey in your world.
    I know what you mean and it is a bit of a juggling act, but it all boils down to who benefits from any piece of information. There are often some side-effects over and above whatever happens to be the truth of the matter, and in this particular case it would be the question of Blair's integrity, as he attempts to influence the Brexit outcome.

Regarding Trump, I've known from the beginning that the Russian collusion story was a hoax, and they just wanted him out of office. They've tried really hard with coordinated attacks from the Democrats, the press, celebrities, ex-presidents, even some republicans, but the failure to remove Trump from the White House may have some undesirable consequences for those involved in this matter.