+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: America again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Would you support a system where all the votes nationally, in either the UK and US, were pooled and the party or president who’d gained the most votes wins?
    You mean like the Brexit referendum, which Bob & co refuse to accept

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You mean like the Brexit referendum, which Bob & co refuse to accept
    I would have thought your painstaking research would have shown you that I said on here on a few occasions that it was almost a toss of a coin job for me in the Referendum - I voted remain, but not with any enthusiasm. As for not accepting the result, my attitude straight after the vote was that the country has decided, so let's get on with it. Little did I think that in the two and a quarter years following the vote the leaving process would prove to be so tortuous with the party which brought in the five year fixed term regulation for Governments calling a totally pointless election which wasted a good portion of that time and only damaged themselves. This gave a clue as to the political nous and competence of this Government and a straight yes or no vote has been taken as being a justification for the sort of Brexit wanted by the like of Rees-Mogg, Fox, Johnson and Farage - the goalposts have been moved an awful long way since June 2016.