+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First Welsh Barometer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: First Welsh Barometer

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    I'm a Plaid member in Cardiff West and I know McEvoy very well. I used to think that, despite his narcissism, he was good for Wales. After certain events occurred, which I can't relate here due to legal constraints, I now believe that McEvoy is bad for Plaid, Cardiff and Wales. There is a reason he calls his party "Cardiff Plaid" ("Cardiff Party") - I wonder if you can work it out?

IMG_0368.jpg
    In the same way there's a Caerphilly Plaid, a Plaid Ceredigion and a Plaid Tonyrefail?

I don't know McEvoy personally so I wouldn't comment on him as a person, but looking at Plaid's recent surge in Cardiff, surely he's been a good thing/necessary evil?

Labour lost a shit load of people to UKIP over Brexit - the Tories have been smart and hoovered them all up.

These idiots are willing to overlook all of the terrible things the Tories stand for to get out of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    In the same way there's a Caerphilly Plaid, a Plaid Ceredigion and a Plaid Tonyrefail?

I don't know McEvoy personally so I wouldn't comment on him as a person, but looking at Plaid's recent surge in Cardiff, surely he's been a good thing/necessary evil?
    There are no such entities. Just Plaid Cymru and Cardiff Plaid. Why does McEvoy criticise the salaries of public sector executives while taking home two public sector salaries himself?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/po...ghest-12492021

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wa...cevoy-11352894

Could it be that he's a phoney and a hypocrite on the issue of pay, at the very least?

That poll's result, should it come to pass, would certainly be a surprise. A Tory majority of MPs in Wales is something I thought I'd never see, not that I'd give two hoots. Perhaps many others have also realised that in spite of the Punch and Judy stuff politicians of all descriptions are in it for themselves.