+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vassell eases pressure on Warnock with late, late winner.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vassell eases pressure on Warnock with late, late winner.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'bludgeon' ? Come on, I know I've detected an increasing frustration with Warnockball - as a lot of us have- but it would take maybe 3 seasons to change the squad sufficiently, to get a closer version of the beautiful game. I do agree that it's probably a price worth paying if we become serious challengers for promotion again, but I have my doubts. This side may get 'better' as players bed in, but even for a Warnock side I just don't think there's enough quality. When we went up our central midfield comprised two/three of the following : Gunnarson, Damour, Bryson, Gruijic, Ralls, Patterson. That's far better than we have now. There was always an element of creativity in the centre which we don't have in this squad [unless you incl. Tomlin], and I reckon we will struggle against teams far better than Luton and Wigan..
    Midfield was far better???

I can not see how you have come to that conclusion. Even if pack only plays as well as he has for Bristol he is an improvement to it. I think vaulks is at least par also.

So we are missing gunnarson damour Bryson and a few games from grujic. Where was all that creativity? I genuinely have no idea how you have come to that conclusion?

Re: Vassell eases pressure on Warnock with late, late winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Midfield was far better???

I can not see how you have come to that conclusion. Even if pack only plays as well as he has for Bristol he is an improvement to it. I think vaulks is at least par also.

So we are missing gunnarson damour Bryson and a few games from grujic. Where was all that creativity? I genuinely have no idea how you have come to that conclusion?
    The centre midfield was constantly changing when we went - for a variety of reasons - but there was always one player at least who could find a decent pass .