+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Who will win tomorrow?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservatives

34 60.71%
  • Labour

15 26.79%
  • Other

4 7.14%
  • Leonidis Fortunae Westocrates

3 5.36%

Thread: Tomorrow

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    If turnout is high, Tories to rule a hung Parliament
    If turnout is lower, Tories to have 60 seat majority.

I reckon Tories will win with a majority of 35 plus the Unionists in Northern Ireland (may be fewer of those this time).

May will struggle to control her party - either the centrists or the right wingers (like the one who will talk to UKIP 4 times a year) will be her downfall. If it's the right that gets her, then Boris or Rudd will take over. If it's the centrists, who knows.
    On the other side of the coin, should Labour lose out, Corbyn will stand down but it'll be important for the party to elect a leader that is on the political left. We've seen a great surge in Labour's vote now that Corbyn's message has been allowed to reach the masses. One can only ponder what this election might have been had the media not destroyed Corbyn from day one. 5 more years and a left leaning opposition with a leader that cannot be damaged might see the Tories dumped out of power at the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    On the other side of the coin, should Labour lose out, Corbyn will stand down but it'll be important for the party to elect a leader that is on the political left. We've seen a great surge in Labour's vote now that Corbyn's message has been allowed to reach the masses. One can only ponder what this election might have been had the media not destroyed Corbyn from day one. 5 more years and a left leaning opposition with a leader that cannot be damaged might see the Tories dumped out of power at the next election.
    I agree that there seems little desire for another "New Labour" project apart from in what was the PLP.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree that there seems little desire for another "New Labour" project apart from in what was the PLP.
    New Labour is a Fabian Society project.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    New Labour is a Fabian Society project.
    Yep .

Yep .
    Look it up, the Fabian Society is a Labour think-tank. Blair and his cronies were all members.

Look it up, the Fabian Society is a think-tank. Blair and his cronies were all members.
    Yeah I know, it's the notion that they were the driving force behind the Obama/Clinton "liberal elite" that I have trouble with.

Yeah I know, it's the notion that they were the driving force behind the Obama/Clinton "liberal elite" that I have trouble with.
    That would be the umbrella organisations such as the Royal Institute of International Affairs and the Council for Foreign Relations.

Gutless Welsh voters succumbing to same old brainwashing from English political parties

Quote Originally Posted by Watcliff View Post
    Gutless Welsh voters succumbing to same old brainwashing from English political parties
    If Plaid ever won Independence for Wales ( God forbid ) the same parties would re - emerge in their Welsh versions.

Unless of course Plaid is aiming to turn Wales into a totalitarian state with no opposition allowed.

I think Labour have missed a great opportunity , this would have been so close, isolating people like Hilary Benn , Alan Milburn ,Clive Lewis has spoilt it for me , not supporting the left wing doesn't make you a Blairite , and that loathing of the Blair years and policy has blinkered the party,should have picked the modern looking best bits out and then moved left .

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm predicting the emergence of a new centrist movement that is neither Labour or Conservative.

I'm predicting the emergence of a new centrist movement that is neither Labour or Conservative.
    There's no need. The Lib Dems can fill that role while Labour move to the left and the Tories sprint as far right as possible.