+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

He's way past the age of being a youngster developing, he is a fully grown adult (no joke intended). Players are old enough if they are good enough - Best, Owen, Beckham, Rooney etc.

It is so frustrating when a professional athlete cannot last or be allowed to play a full match. Is there a problem?

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    He's way past the age of being a youngster developing, he is a fully grown adult (no joke intended). Players are old enough if they are good enough - Best, Owen, Beckham, Rooney etc.

It is so frustrating when a professional athlete cannot last or be allowed to play a full match. Is there a problem?
    Yes, he isn't as good as we all hoped he would be.

Couple that with what are now obvious physical deficiencies and a lack of speed of thought during a game and he isn't the answer to our complete lack of creativity.

It seems to me that if he was good enough, he'd have nailed a starting place by now not struggling for game time.
    After all we aren't exactly blessed in the midfield department.

Perhaps he isn't as committed as the managers he's been under would like.

Could it be that he is disillusioned with his stop start career and not working hard enough.

I have to agree that a loan to a League 1 or 2 seems the ideal move.

As I read on another thread our manager is a Turkish Warnock without success. He is a system guy and Colwill doesn't fit in the system. In the cold light of the next day did Champions League level Ramsey do any more than Colwill yesterday?

I think at championship level there seems to be an issue with his fitness, perhaps that will be why he doesn't match up the early hype. He is just not athletic enough for this league. Until he proves he is a 90 min player then no one is coming in for him.

I think he needs to be deeper but our manager wants a 6-foot athlete almost center half in there, not someone genuinely comfortable with the ball.

He seemed to be a second striker at times yesterday and got lost. He isn't a Ramsey, who is (was) a CM but a rather attack minded one rather than a "10" like Tomlin, but that's what he has to turn into, a CM, not a winger or a "10"/ second striker. Only play one defensive CM and play 2 attack minded CM's but you are not a fancy Dan its a CM role and that hurts.......He and the club need to load him with the responsibility he has with Wakes U-21's