+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Short note to Mo Salah

Re: Short note to Mo Salah

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Anywhere else and the game goes on. Watch next time a player is shielding it in the corner.

He’s a diving cheat - and gets rewarded for it.
    Dived last week v Chelsea- no punishment.

If you think it’s OK for a player to do that then that’s your perogative. For me it kills my love of the game.

Reward cheating.
    Don’t punish it.. because it’s ‘’clever’
    **** that.

The ref is playing on until he throws himself to the floor.

What happened between him and Morrison goes on at every corner. When have we had w penalty for it ?

Morrison himself has his shirt pulled 10 minutes earlier and heads over, is that OK ?
    Both penalties but as I said originally you can get away with a little nibble which is what Robinson did to Morrison, but you can’t wrap both arms around a player for 4/5 seconds and expect to get away with it.

If that was on the halfway line and a player is trying to wriggle free but defender has BOTH arms around him then it’s given as a foul.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    I think you're buying the NBC biased b******s' line there. (I really hate NBC. Arlo? doesn't even know the laws of the game.) He dived. What would have been fair would have been a pen for them and a yellow card for the curly-haired cheat.
    I'd be surprised if the Sky pundits didn't think it was a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Both penalties but as I said originally you can get away with a little nibble which is what Robinson did to Morrison, but you can’t wrap both arms around a player for 4/5 seconds and expect to get away with it.

If that was on the halfway line and a player is trying to wriggle free but defender has BOTH arms around him then it’s given as a foul.
    I don't understand what Salah throwing himself to the floor has to do with it. The offence had already been committed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'd be surprised if the Sky pundits didn't think it was a pen.
    They agreed it was a pen. No need for the theatrical fall but agreed he was holding him for far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't understand what Salah throwing himself to the floor has to do with it. The offence had already been committed.
    They seem to think Salah throwing himself to the floor is the reason the ref blew for the foul.

Don’t get why Morrison fell for it; Salah was going nowhere. He backed in and then did a twisting dive with hands flailing which that ref bought. The ref was poor all game.

Manga made some great defensive moves on him.

It’s either a foul or not though.

If it is then it’s a pen- at both ends and countless other times.

Don’t think it is a free kick elsewhere, don’t remember too many like that given.

Salah is sneaky, he backs in and falls over.

It’s inconsistency again

Not that it would have made much difference, we MAY have equalised, but it was more likely they would score next by that point

Not going to dwell on it, but I really dislike Salah anyway- he’s a diving little cheat

They seem to think Salah throwing himself to the floor is the reason the ref blew for the foul.
    It did coincide with the ref blowing up for the pen, so yes.

Right, but nobody really knows that?

They agreed it was a pen. No need for the theatrical fall but agreed he was holding him for far too long.
    Commentator on MOTD seemed surprised.

Known and Jenas both said pen, although their justifications wee a bit odd.
    I like them though and they are generally fair.

Pity they weren’t asked about the one on Morrison at the other end. ( which imho is soft, but is still a foul, so a pen)

Quote Originally Posted by Cretin Hop View Post
    Don’t get why Morrison fell for it; Salah was going nowhere. He backed in and then did a twisting dive with hands flailing which that ref bought. The ref was poor all game.

Manga made some great defensive moves on him.
    You can't put your hands around a player when the ref is standing five yards away and has a clear view, you give him something to think about, even Neil Warnock has said as much.

Right, but nobody really knows that?
    Only the ref

You can't put your hands around a player when the ref is standing five yards away and has a clear view, you give him something to think about, even Neil Warnock has said as much.
    Not sure what else he can do there.
    Where does his hands go ?
    Salah is backing into him and he’s towering over Salah.
    Also at one point Salah has hold of Morrison’s hand too.

I can see where you are coming from, Morrison was all over him.. but the dive - bloody hell mun, I thought the ref was going to book him.

And again, it grates because we don’t get these when Morrison is assaulted at corners

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Not sure what else he can do there.
    Where does his hands go ?
    Salah is backing into him and he’s towering over Salah.
    Also at one point Salah has hold of Morrison’s hand too.

I can see where you are coming from, Morrison was all over him.. but the dive - bloody hell mun, I thought the ref was going to book him.

And again, it grates because we don’t get these when Morrison is assaulted at corners
    Morrison does get a raw deal at set pieces-Agreed. Maybe he should've put his arms out and used them in a way that stopped Salah from turning, i don't think he was being that clever by wrapping himself around Salah with the ref so close. I sort of get why he did it as Salah can turn very quickly. Doesn't really matter though, i don't think we would have got back into the game.

Salah realised he wasn't going anywhere and threw himself to the ground, unfortunately the ref bought it

I thought it was a pen at the time and it probably was. So I'll park that.

In the balance of fairness, Robertson's pull back on Morrison in the 48th minute is therefore 100% a penalty. With the score at 0-0, it was a pivotal error by the officials not to give penalty.

It's definitely a pen, anyone saying otherwise has bought into this nonsense corrupt ref nonsense. Morrison's shit attempt of a header along with his embarrassing WWE match with Salah is the reason we lost the game. If we stay up big money is needed to reinforce the defence

Sky seemed to think it was the persistent holding. He jinked one way them the other and all that time Mozza hasn’t taken his arms off him.
    Well that solves it then.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I thought it was a pen at the time and it probably was. So I'll park that.

In the balance of fairness, Robertson's pull back on Morrison in the 48th minute is therefore 100% a penalty. With the score at 0-0, it was a pivotal error by the officials not to give penalty.
    Tuerto?

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    It's definitely a pen, anyone saying otherwise has bought into this nonsense corrupt ref nonsense. Morrison's shit attempt of a header along with his embarrassing WWE match with Salah is the reason we lost the game. If we stay up big money is needed to reinforce the defence
    Yep, that has swayed me, good reason bruh

What annoys me most is at nearly every attacking set piece Morrison gets pretty much the same treatment yet never gets a pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    What annoys me most is at nearly every attacking set piece Morrison gets pretty much the same treatment yet never gets a pen.
    If only we were in a league with VAR next season.

I think it’s a nailed on pen, he’s wrapped his arms right round him for a good 5 seconds. What is he even thinking doing that.

People say Salah went down easy but if you don’t go down the ref doesn’t give it.

It was a pen.

Morrison didn't need to put his arms all over Salah like that, despite some on this thread trying to argue that he had little choice with a smaller player backing up against him - you don't NEED to put your arms around a player like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Really?