+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Intensive Driving Lessons, Anyone ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Intensive Driving Lessons, Anyone ?

What is the "intensive method"? Driving every day instead of driving every week? That sounds like a good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What is the "intensive method"? Driving every day instead of driving every week? That sounds like a good idea to me.
    You learn everyday for a few days, maybe a week. The obvious problem being a lack of hours on the road, driving in various road and weather conditions as you would if you learned over several months.
    Funny enough I was talking to a tester the other day and he was saying they recommend around 60 hours, with a mix of lessons and private practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    You learn everyday for a few days, maybe a week. The obvious problem being a lack of hours on the road, driving in various road and weather conditions as you would if you learned over several months.
    Funny enough I was talking to a tester the other day and he was saying they recommend around 60 hours, with a mix of lessons and private practice.
    60 hours seems a lot. When I was learning the rule was one hour of tuition to each year of your age. I needed half that but had already passed my test on a motor scooter giving me a semblance of road sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    60 hours seems a lot. When I was learning the rule was one hour of tuition to each year of your age. I needed half that but had already passed my test on a motor scooter giving me a semblance of road sense.
    My son has had about that many and has just been told he's ready for his test, I imagine people are ready before that but it's not good for business is it? I'm pretty sure my son was ready before now as his driving instructor was so relaxed in the car with him he fell asleep on 2 occasions

My advice is don't go with someone who is fully booked all the time, they may struggle to stay awake