+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cricket World cup

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Cricket World cup

Is it fair to suggest this is something of a cock-up? A free-to-air final to show everyone the swashbuckling batting of England and they prepare a seamer's pitch. Or just NZ playing really well and one of those things?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Is it fair to suggest this is something of a cock-up? A free-to-air final to show everyone the swashbuckling batting of England and they prepare a seamer's pitch. Or just NZ playing really well and one of those things?
    This is a home World Cup and I have no idea why they would prepare this sort of wicket. Bowling is definitely NZ s strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    This is a home World Cup and I have no idea why they would prepare this sort of wicket. Bowling is definitely NZ s strength.
    My understanding is that theICC were in charge of pitch preparation for the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    I had in mind that aside from not playing to England's strengths this was more an intriguing game for the purists rather than a slog-fest to bring in a new audience. But then it went nuts.