+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Why are attendances so poor?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Why are attendances so poor?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    In a league with ever dwindling attendances. A brand new BMW is cheaper than a Porsche but I'd wager neither of us will be going out soon to buy one.
    Maybe so but if I was to tell you that a Cardiff city team that had a storming start to the season and is in with a real chance of promotion was recently playing to crowds of 15 and 16 thousand you would think I was off my cake

But it's a fact

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Maybe so but if I was to tell you that a Cardiff city team that had a storming start to the season and is in with a real chance of promotion was recently playing to crowds of 15 and 16 thousand you would think I was off my cake
    Far from it. I remember the massive surge in attendances from 3k to 7k, 8k back in the day. 15k - 20k is about right for where we are. Another couple of thousand would be nice, don't get me wrong but we'll pick it up in the 2nd half of the season I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    Far from it. I remember the massive surge in attendances from 3k to 7k, 8k back in the day. 15k - 20k is about right for where we are. Another couple of thousand would be nice, don't get me wrong but we'll pick it up in the 2nd half of the season I'm sure.
    I am sure you are right. After the crap quality of football served up in the past few years, not everyone is convinced that we have properly turned the corner on the pitch.

It must be born in mind that after the good football of the Jones era, Malky stepped in and we had a couple of great seasons until we were promoted.

Unfortunately, until NW arrived, it was then downhill football and excitement-wise. Russell Slade, the transfer embargo, the reality that we were cash-strapped didn't help at all.

Carry on as we are and the second half of the season, I am sure will see gates average more than 20,000.

Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    I am sure you are right. After the crap quality of football served up in the past few years, not everyone is convinced that we have properly turned the corner on the pitch.

It must be born in mind that after the good football of the Jones era, Malky stepped in and we had a couple of great seasons until we were promoted.

Unfortunately, until NW arrived, it was then downhill football and excitement-wise. Russell Slade, the transfer embargo, the reality that we were cash-strapped didn't help at all.

Carry on as we are and the second half of the season, I am sure will see gates average more than 20,000.
    His first season was football to make your eyes bleed. Worst I have ever witnessed. Some of the games in the premeir league were ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    His first season was football to make your eyes bleed. Worst I have ever witnessed. Some of the games in the premeir league were ok.
    Point taken. What I meant was that there was an anticipation that we were still heading in the right direction and a force in the Championship. Everything that happened after the PL was backsliding.