Thread: Scottish football

Scottish football

Some staggering numbers in this thread.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...496263680?s=19

The SPL is a joke.

Re: Scottish football

Most remarkable is probably that Celtic have a £60 million wage bill

If Scottish League Football is a joke what about Welsh League Football?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    If Scottish League Football is a joke what about Welsh League Football?
    Different altogether, the Welsh League is regionalised, clubs only require a 250 (?) capacity stand, no European qualification (need to step up to the next level for that), no comparison to the Scottish League.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Some staggering numbers in this thread.

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/stat...496263680?s=19

The SPL is a joke.
    Why’s it a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Different altogether, the Welsh League is regionalised, clubs only require a 250 (?) capacity stand, no European qualification (need to step up to the next level for that), no comparison to the Scottish League.
    How is it different? Scottish football at the moment is pretty shite. But at least all their big” clubs play in it.
    If the 4 big Welsh clubs played in their own countries league, it would still be poorer than the Jock set up. We have the advantage of slagging jock football from our ivory tower.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why’s it a joke?
    Because one club has a higher wage bill than the rest of the top division put together

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    How is it different? Scottish football at the moment is pretty shite. But at least all their big” clubs play in it.
    If the 4 big Welsh clubs played in their own countries league, it would still be poorer than the Jock set up. We have the advantage of slagging jock football from our ivory tower.
    C’ mon local clubs like Bridgend St, Ely Rangers, Caerau (Ely), STM Sports play Welsh League football hardly Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen etc, they’re recent Cardiff & District & Cardiff Combination club’s.

Hang on, just realised Ianto13’s error, he compared The Scottish League to The Welsh League. The Welsh League isn’t the premier League in Wales, I was quoting Welsh League clubs.

Because one club has a higher wage bill than the rest of the top division put together
    The premier league is just as much of a joke if we are talking about money and wages bills.

At least the Scottish club’s is self generated rather than pumped in by criminal oligarchs and royal families.

The premier league is just as much of a joke if we are talking about money and wages bills.

At least the Scottish club’s is self generated rather than pumped in by criminal oligarchs and royal families.
    The premier league isn't in that situation though, Yes the big few clubs are on a different level to the rest, but at least there is competition.

I can't think of another league where one club pays more in wages and has more income than the rest of the league put together.
    it isn't a league, it's a procession.

The premier league isn't in that situation though, Yes the big few clubs are on a different level to the rest, but at least there is competition.

I can't think of another league where one club pays more in wages and has more income than the rest of the league put together.
    So after a qtr of their season, Celtic are still not top. Brenda out!!!

Why are you so anti Scottish Football , your other posts are generally quite well thought out . Scottish football
    seems to get the steam pouring out of your ears , why is that ?

I have nothing against Scottish football but most of their fans seem to have their heads up their arses when it comes to perceived standards compared to the English leagues where as in Wales we know we are shite.I've been on a few forums up there and they seem to get awful touchy when the subjects brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Why are you so anti Scottish Football , your other posts are generally quite well thought out . Scottish football
    seems to get the steam pouring out of your ears , why is that ?
    I wouldn't have said the steam was pouring out of my ears. I just think it is sad to see how far it has declined and how quickly

Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    I have nothing against Scottish football but most of their fans seem to have their heads up their arses when it comes to perceived standards compared to the English leagues where as in Wales we know we are shite.I've been on a few forums up there and they seem to get awful touchy when the subjects brought up.
    They all know it’s nowhere near the same standard though when I’ve spoken to them. They probably get fed up of people comparing them, what does it matter to them?

Thé majority of Scots support their local teams, the league isn’t the bitch of sky tv, it isn’t flooded with criminal money and it’s pretty entertaining to watch.

I don’t get why everyone hates it so much.

I wouldn't have said the steam was pouring out of my ears. I just think it is sad to see how far it has declined and how quickly
    Declined in terms of quality players because of money being pumped in by faceless billionaires maybe. But I still find the league very entertaining and enjoy watching it.

How competitive is the premier league even? The top 3 teams are so much better than every one else this years it’s ridiculous. All because of foreign billionaires.

The Premier League is going that way, especially with Man City's "creative accounting" shall we say.

As Croesy says, the Premier League is a joke and the rich want to get richer. It'll soon turn into a league where the top 4-6 steam roller everyone else, week in, week out without fail, and it's going that way this season.

Declined in terms of quality players because of money being pumped in by faceless billionaires maybe. But I still find the league very entertaining and enjoy watching it.

How competitive is the premier league even? The top 3 teams are so much better than every one else this years it’s ridiculous. All because of foreign billionaires.
    There have been 4 different champions in England in the last 6 seasons, and there are other clubs with the same kind of financial leverage as those.
    It's not perfect, as there are plenty of clubs who have no chance of competing at the top, but the situation in Scotland has become really bizarre.

One club has more income and more wages than the rest of the league combined. It's the equivalent of something like Everton with their current revenue playing in league one. Add to that the second biggest club on Scotland appears to be seriously risking it's future again to try to close the gap, but are still miles off.

Im not sure what the long term outcome of that is, if Rangers can become a force again, and that generates more money in the league then perhaps they can recover to where they were.
    Alternatively if the financial imbalance continues it becomes a pointless exercise

Alternatively if the financial imbalance continues it becomes a pointless exercise
    What's the difference between this and the Premier League? Richest club (Man City) will walk the league again. The top 4 have dropped points to Wolves (once, to Man City) and each other. That's it.

Yeah I don’t get the point, the majority of money spent in Scotland is earned by the clubs.

The premier league is backed by bloody money and foreign tv markets and there’s still huge inequality in the league.

How is Scottish football a joke just because they don’t have the same investment ?

Yeah I don’t get the point, the majority of money spent in Scotland is earned by the clubs.

The premier league is backed by bloody money and foreign tv markets and there’s still huge inequality in the league.

How is Scottish football a joke just because they don’t have the same investment ?
    Dont get me wrong, it's a good thing that Scottish football isn't as addicted to TV money as the English game, and that gate receipts still make up such a large proportion of their income.
    That Celtic are so far ahead of everyone else isn't healthy at all though. They will win this year, and again next year. It just isn't a proper competition any more.

Is it really unhealthy though, no one is going bust and a lot of spl clubs are quite well supported when you take how unfashionable the league seems to be into account.

Would it be more interesting with more challengers yes but is the premier league less interesting because of dross like Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield in it ?

Is it really unhealthy though, no one is going bust and a lot of spl clubs are quite well supported when you take how unfashionable the league seems to be into account.

Would it be more interesting with more challengers yes but is the premier league less interesting because of dross like Fulham, Cardiff and Huddersfield in it ?
    Fulham Cardiff and Huddersfield absolutely add to the premier league, if man city suddenly had a wage budget bigger than the rest of the league put together and won the league 10 years in a row then it wouldn't improve the league as a spectacle.

Spanish League, what is Barca's wage bill compared to Levante? EPL, what is Man C's wage bill compared to Cardiff's?

French League, what is PSG's wage bill compared to Caen's?