Thread: To all the woe us me :

Re: To all the woe us me :

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Why am I not surprised you'd say that
    Because it's true?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its Latin 👍
    Ask him why he's had to use six question marks?

Its Latin ��
    Na, I think you’ll find it’s English (or a poor attempt at it)

For "us" read "is" (I think).
    Shirley you remember Up Pompeii?

Don’t watch shit (unless the city are playing )

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If the Palace game had been a boxing match then we'd have lost every round, thankfully, football isn't boxing.
    #accidentalpartridge

Overall I think we probably have more points than we deserve. The away performances are so bad it's hard to see where we can pick up enough points now most of the easier home games have been done. It's almost like we get told away let them have it for the first 30 minutes and then try to work your way into it and try and get to 0_0 at half time.

We give the ball away so quickly it's just relentless and almost inevitable the team will score.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    #accidentalpartridge
    Harsh, but fair.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Na, I think you’ll find it’s English (or a poor attempt at it)
    I took it from a line in Upstart Crow ,well used in the Elizabethan era .

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ask him why he's had to use six question marks?
    Why did you put a question mark at the end of that sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Great entertainment? Sure. The quality is as good as many games in the Premier League? No chance.

We hear this sort of thing every year, but the way in which good Championship sides invariably struggle in the Premier League shows it's simply not true.
    Yet teams that get relegated from the Premier League don’t all seem to become the best teams in The Championship. Strange that. Why is it do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ah yes, "the trenches". Which NONE of us on here are aquainted with. But where apparently, a chirpy attitude could stop a bullet entering your your forehead and exploding out of the back of your skull. You should read up on WW1. It was a pointless and badly planned exercise which cost the lives of over 15 million people.
    What we could do with is a squad full of Private Baldricks and Lieutenant Georges.

In our last three games we've looked the worst team in the Premier League by a distance, but for most of the first half of the season we had something about us which meant that we weren't. Given that we have the weakest squad on paper and we never play what I would call impressive, technical football, it's hard to define what it was that ensured that we went into the New Year fairly confident we could survive, but my best attempt to describe it would be that our team spirit and general doggedness was carrying us through.

However, even when we were doing better than we are now, we were only truly competitive and close to getting something out of the game in one of our encounters with the "top six" (Arsenal) and I'm afraid our performances against Huddersfield and Newcastle were akin to watching us play one of those elite teams - we may have got a point against the former, but it was only a combination of Huddersfield's inadequacies and their bad luck which meant we didn't lose.

I don't like Neil Warnock's brand of football and never will do, but I do enjoy what it brings us at times. However, for that sort of game to be successful, I've always thought it has to be played well, especially at Premier League level. When "the Warnock way" is played poorly though, it has nothing whatsoever to commend it and is easy for teams at this level to cope with because there is nothing else we can fall back on. I know keeping possession of the ball is not a high priority with us, but any team needs some basic ability in that department and in our last two matches we've not shown anywhere near the necessary skill level in that department - I've just watched the first minute of the Newcastle match again and it's so revealing how often we give the ball back to our opponents with a poor pass or a mishit clearance during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Yet teams that get relegated from the Premier League don’t all seem to become the best teams in The Championship. Strange that. Why is it do you think?
    Think he’s still thinking!

I took it from a line in Upstart Crow ,well used in the Elizabethan era .
    You were there to hear it spoken, I take it ?????

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    How we arent fighting for a champions league place is beyond me
    Exactly what I was going to say

Perhaps because the teams who are relegated from the Premier League often tend to offload a good percentage their best players?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps because the teams who are relegated from the Premier League often tend to offload a good percentage their best players?
    Yet teams that get promoted from the Championship often spend £50-100 million on new players - do they sell all of those when or if they are relegated? Is their net position on players worse than when they got promoted. Your logic is a little flawed don’t you think?

Curses! I've been rumbled

I am of course speaking metaphorically... but then I'm sure you knew that.

There is much negativity spoken but not many solutions to what is a very complex problem.

There will be more twists to the story and I prefer chirpy rather than defeatist.

The trenches line always gets used when we look like we are in trouble.
    The atmosphere inside the ground has been positive all season and thats all we can do. If we moan about poor tactics and selections online, it will have no bearing on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    You were there to hear it spoken, I take it ?????
    thouest wast most of that indulgences place , that bringthe to thus point ,before thee

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    The trenches line always gets used when we look like we are in trouble.
    The atmosphere inside the ground has been positive all season and thats all we can do. If we moan about poor tactics and selections online, it will have no bearing on the results.
    It's a fair point though. I wouldn't want to be next any of you guys in the trenches because none of you own a machine gun.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    It's a fair point though. I wouldn't want to be next any of you guys in the trenches because none of you own a machine gun.
    There's a few around me , that if we were in the trenches together , Id sternly advise and help them to go over the top early, as its was safer , , because the first few shots are a bit wayward anyway ,bit like our free scoring frontline .

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Who would want to be in the trenches with the defeatists “we’re getting bombed anyway may as well stay here”

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Who would want to be in the trenches with the defeatists “we’re getting bombed anyway may as well stay here”
    Are the defeatists, in the same gang as the remainers ?

We have beaten decent sides this year in : Wolves,Saints,Brighton ,Leicester.

Came close with results at Spurs, Palace.

Newcastle at home we nearly won. .

Only just lost at Everton

Competed with Liverpool for 70 mins.

Took Gunners to the wire at home .

Robbed by Burnely at home.

Probaly should have beaten Huddersfield home and away ,but didn't lose.

Done better than expected
    Not good enough though is it

Yet teams that get promoted from the Championship often spend £50-100 million on new players - do they sell all of those when or if they are relegated? Is their net position on players worse than when they got promoted. Your logic is a little flawed don’t you think?
    I don’t even know what you’re talking about, to be honest. You’ve lost me, which is almost certainly a good thing, for me at least.