+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pound pounded down, again

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pound pounded down, again

Pound down, pound down to Poundland and get one of those one pound vibrators before they are all gone. You know that's she really needs. Then you can stay in the pub all night.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    Pound down, pound down to Poundland and get one of those one pound vibrators before they are all gone. You know that's she really needs. Then you can stay in the pub all night.
    it should be called 80pland now ,happy days , isn't going swimmingly well in Brexit world , and still immigration continues .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    it should be called 80pland now ,happy days , isn't going swimmingly well in Brexit world , and still immigration continues .
    It's great for business

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    For everyone of these in the UK, there is more than 1 in the EU.

Its a game of poker being played.

It's only of interest to those who have a few quid, 80p pound means nothing to those who have very little, and cannot afford holidays abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    It's only of interest to those who have a few quid, 80p pound means nothing to those who have very little, and cannot afford holidays abroad.
    It'll mean something to them when all the imported items are sky rocketing in price.

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    It'll mean something to them when all the imported items are sky rocketing in price.
    When you got very little cash to buy goods never mind imported goods, it'll mean next to nothing, just look at the demographic of the out vote, it was two fingers up to those with two cars, foreign holidays, index linked pensions and so on, you only had to see the sulkers on this board, the remain camp were those in the i'm alright jack club, it's easy to pretend to care for others when you're doing OK.

When you got very little cash to buy goods never mind imported goods, it'll mean next to nothing, just look at the demographic of the out vote, it was two fingers up to those with two cars, foreign holidays, index linked pensions and so on, you only had to see the sulkers on this board, the remain camp were those in the i'm alright jack club, it's easy to pretend to care for others when you're doing OK.
    by the looks of things, it's gonna be effecting your weekly shop too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37637954. This is the thin end of the wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    by the looks of things, it's gonna be effecting your weekly shop too. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37637954. This is the thin end of the wedge.
    The bottom line Tommy is that, the pound has always gone up and down as has the stock markets, the get rich quick merchants are currently manipulating the currency for their quick buck, Soros and his mates will be having a field day, he broke the £ once before without having Brexit to blame, the majority voted to exit, the consequences will have to be suffered or gained depending on how it goes, the poorer ares voted to exit, politicians should be looking at their performances in ignoring the poor for years and years, they were given a bloody nose and I suspect that the people who gave it to them couldn't give a friar tuck about anything the Biased Broadcasting Corporation prints politicians shouldn't fall into the trap of telling voters they did the wrong thing, they should apologize for creating the divide that a majority said, I have next to nothing to lose, i don't care of the outcome but i'm going to take this opportunity to stick my two fingers up to you, whilst i might not agree with the outcome, I can certainly understand why they voted in the way they did, why shouldn't they have had some of the euro spoils, the thin end of nothing is still nothing.

the remain camp were those in the i'm alright jack club, it's easy to pretend to care for others when you're doing OK.
    What a load of bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What a load of bollocks.
    Is it ? Hit the nerve have I ? what was factual was that the poor voted to exit and the properous voted remain.

Well, some minutes ago I found myself nodding in agreement with your posts in the Ched Evans thread, and now this, which I also agree with. Am I also becoming a blaggardly apologist?

Yes, inflation hits the poorest hardest, particularly relating to essentials such as food and energy costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Well, some minutes ago I found myself nodding in agreement with your posts in the Ched Evans thread, and now this, which I also agree with. Am I also becoming a blaggardly apologist?

Yes, inflation hits the poorest hardest, particularly relating to essentials such as food and energy costs.
    It's called growing up mate, most people just do it a bit earlier in life.

You'll be going to BBQs next.

It's called growing up mate, most people just do it a bit earlier in life.

You'll be going to BBQs next.
    Typical BBQers are just about bearable, BBQ hosts should be kicked off edges of cliffs.

I bet the farm earlier on investing in Warnock rather than the team (£500 at 5-1 for a top half finish). I had planned on doing £100 at 40-1 for a top six finish at bet365 but they would only allow me a miserable tenner on it. Grr.

It'll mean more when for the same reasons wages start going up faster.

Damn.

It was all going perfectly before this brexit stuff as well.

Soon to be rebranded as Fiverland at this rate

I don't think anyone said short term it would be easy.

Disputes between suppliers happens regardless.

Businesses want to squeeze every penny out of the normal man and women.

Free trade has decimated some businesses here (obviously bringing a lot of benefits as well). Maybe an end to it will bring about chances for more job and business creation UK based.

For every steel works that is destroyed because of chinese dumping, there are companies that use the cheap steel.
    Last edited by LordKenwyne; 13-10-16 at 09:28.

Quote Originally Posted by LordKenwyne View Post
    I don't think anyone said short term it would be easy.

Disputes between suppliers happens regardless.

Businesses want to squeeze every penny out of the normal man and women.

Free trade has decimated some businesses here (obviously bringing a lot of benefits as well). Maybe an end to it will bring about chances for more job and business creation UK based.

For every steel works that is destroyed because of chinese dumping, there are companies that use the cheap steel.
    Brexit saved port talbot. If it wasnt for the pound falling, that would have closed by now. Instead its making profit again.