+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Storm brewing in Washington DC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Storm brewing in Washington DC

DOJ Announces Fast and Furious Documents Withheld by Eric Holder Will Be Released

The Department of Justice announced Wednesday additional documents related to the Operation Fast and Furious scandal during the Obama administration will be released to the House Oversight Committee. The documents were previously withheld by Attorney General Eric Holder, who was voted in civil and criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to turn them over. President Obama invoked executive privilege in June 2012 to prevent their release just hours before the contempt vote was held.

“The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law. This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions released in a statement.

The Department stated the document release is part of “the conditional settlement agreement, filed in federal court in Washington D.C.” and “would end six years of litigation arising out of the previous administration’s refusal to produce documents requested by the Committee.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...draft-n2458557

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    DOJ Announces Fast and Furious Documents Withheld by Eric Holder Will Be Released

The Department of Justice announced Wednesday additional documents related to the Operation Fast and Furious scandal during the Obama administration will be released to the House Oversight Committee. The documents were previously withheld by Attorney General Eric Holder, who was voted in civil and criminal contempt of Congress for refusing to turn them over. President Obama invoked executive privilege in June 2012 to prevent their release just hours before the contempt vote was held.

“The Department of Justice under my watch is committed to transparency and the rule of law. This settlement agreement is an important step to make sure that the public finally receives all the facts related to Operation Fast and Furious,” Attorney General Jeff Sessions released in a statement.

The Department stated the document release is part of “the conditional settlement agreement, filed in federal court in Washington D.C.” and “would end six years of litigation arising out of the previous administration’s refusal to produce documents requested by the Committee.”

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep...draft-n2458557
    I read about Operation Wide Receiver which led to Operation Fast and Furious then realised it was not about Stormy Daniels welcoming Donald Trump. Silly me!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I read about Operation Wide Receiver which led to Operation Fast and Furious then realised it was not about Stormy Daniels welcoming Donald Trump. Silly me!
    This could have some bearing on Holder running for president in 2020.