+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hennessy to blame

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Hennessy to blame

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Williams also at fault for trying to play the ball after Hennessy's stupid throw out
    Why do we need to blame individual players? Totally against what's done us so well the last 4 years. We are still doing well for such a small nation and will hopefully get a decent group for Euro qualification.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why do we need to blame individual players? Totally against what's done us so well the last 4 years. We are still doing well for such a small nation and will hopefully get a decent group for Euro qualification.
    There were a number of players who could have made different decisions last night or done better.
    Undoubtedly 'together stronger' is a great motto, albeit it hasn't worked so well this tournament.
    Why do I blame Hennessy?
    Because we were doing ok. We didn't look like scoring nor did we look like conceding. A draw would have been enough.
    And then with the ball in his hands and under no pressure to release it he threw it it to Williams who was immediately under pressure. Yes he should have done better. The mitigating factor being that it looked as if it would roll out of play and it didn't.
    Hennessy put his own defence under pressure when there was no need to.
    The result being a goal that turned the game.
    That's why I blame him.
    Yes, Lawrence's free kick was abysmal, as was Ramsey's. They should have done better but they didn't plan to to do badly.
    Hennessy, dwelt, he looked around him and then threw the ball to a player under pressure on the edge of his area. I for one was shouting don't do it. He did.
    That's why I blame him.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    There were a number of players who could have made different decisions last night or done better.
    Undoubtedly 'together stronger' is a great motto, albeit it hasn't worked so well this tournament.
    Why do I blame Hennessy?
    Because we were doing ok. We didn't look like scoring nor did we look like conceding. A draw would have been enough.
    And then with the ball in his hands and under no pressure to release it he threw it it to Williams who was immediately under pressure. Yes he should have done better. The mitigating factor being that it looked as if it would roll out of play and it didn't.
    Hennessy put his own defence under pressure when there was no need to.
    The result being a goal that turned the game.
    That's why I blame him.
    Yes, Lawrence's free kick was abysmal, as was Ramsey's. They should have done better but they didn't plan to to do badly.
    Hennessy, dwelt, he looked around him and then threw the ball to a player under pressure on the edge of his area. I for one was shouting don't do it. He did.

That's why I blame him.
    I was shouting don’t do it too. Just one thing though. A draw was not enough. We had to win to make the play offs.

Ashley Williams is no stranger to making a massive hash of a small bit of pressure mind you.

Who else remembers this little beauty?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzXqf_YNyd4