+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sale of goods act / consumer rights act.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sale of goods act / consumer rights act.

Quote Originally Posted by Liege'93 View Post
    Think it’s actually £100, for Section 75 joint liability of the credit card provider. Easy spent on a bathroom textile job?
    The purchase has to be over £100. But not all of it has to be on the credit card. E.g. if the tiles cost £500 and you put down a £50 deposit on CC and paid the rest in cash, you are still covered.

But the cost here is presumably not the tiles; but the cost of taking them up again and re-leveling the subfloor?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post

But the cost here is presumably not the tiles; but the cost of taking them up again and re-leveling the subfloor?
    off topic how do you re-level the subfloor. Need to take up kitchen tiles

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    off topic how do you re-level the subfloor. Need to take up kitchen tiles
    Sorry no idea, it will be fact specific. When i last took up my tiles, they were on a thin screed laid over soil! no DPM, no slab. So that was a specific challenge which involved a trip to the ardex factory to get some clever levelling compound and a liquid epoxy DPM. Last time I laid floor tiles it was on ditra mat over a properly laid fresh screed (no need for levelling compound). Taking that up would be a different beast.

(Also - I am not a tiler so please ignore me as soon as a proper tiler turns up. I just really enjoy tiling, but would probably get a professional in to do a repair job).