+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sherlock

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sherlock

That show disappeared up its own arse quite a while ago. Watched the first episode of this series and realised I wasn't interested in watching the rest.

Apparently it's too much to ask for a show about a clever detective and his faithful partner solving crimes, which is what it started out as, instead we get some oblique shitshow that jumps around like a 90's Tarantino movie while trying to simultaneously be gritty, flashy, broad and weirdly politically correct in that way BBC drama tends to be.

Better to give the Ridley Scott/Tom Hardy vehicle "Taboo" a watch, the first two episodes have been a good watch although, what with it being a BBC show, episode 3 will probably see the introduction of a new character, a sassy and super-intelligent female Asian twenty-something that can inexplicably beat up 10 men at once with karate.

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    .. being a BBC show, episode 3 will probably see the introduction of a new character, a sassy and super-intelligent person of indeterminate gender, Asian twenty-something that can inexplicably beat up 10 men at once with a leg caliper.
    BBC'd yp

I like to be liberal minded, but when the offerings continually become too contrived, it starts to get a bit insulting IMO
    Last edited by Vimana.; 16-01-17 at 09:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    BBC'd yp

I like to be liberal minded, but when the offerings continually become too contrived, it starts to get a bit insulting IMO
    Yes, how insensitive of me.

Yes, how insensitive of me.
    I meant the BBC's contrived offerings btw - not vous ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Vimana. View Post
    I meant the BBC's contrived offerings btw - not vous ;)
    Yeah I know, don't get all BBC on me now...

That show disappeared up its own arse quite a while ago. Watched the first episode of this series and realised I wasn't interested in watching the rest.

Apparently it's too much to ask for a show about a clever detective and his faithful partner solving crimes, which is what it started out as, instead we get some oblique shitshow that jumps around like a 90's Tarantino movie while trying to simultaneously be gritty, flashy, broad and weirdly politically correct in that way BBC drama tends to be.

Better to give the Ridley Scott/Tom Hardy vehicle "Taboo" a watch, the first two episodes have been a good watch although, what with it being a BBC show, episode 3 will probably see the introduction of a new character, a sassy and super-intelligent female Asian twenty-something that can inexplicably beat up 10 men at once with karate.
    I couldn't agree more. Moffat has ruined Doctor Who and with this series pretty well done for Sherlock too. How many writers can claim to have killed two superheroes ?

I also agree with you about Taboo too.

It owed a lot more to Dr Who than it did to Conan Doyle.