+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bye bye Bruno?

Blue in the Face

Bye bye Bruno?

AMKSpor have reported Cardiff City defender Bruno Ecuele Manga is on his way to Galatasaray, with the Turkish giants very close to completing his transfer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-ci...dvanced-talks/

Contract talks between Manga and Cardiff City have now broken down, and subsequently manager Neil Warnock is planning life without him for next season.

AmkSpor claim Manga’s agent is pushing for a move because they believe they can get a better fee for their role in the deal, and that the Cardiff City player has also entertained the idea of playing for Galatasaray.

Galatasaray are looking to sign at least two central defenders this summer and the Gabonese international could be a very ‘economical’ option for them.

mangaThe 28-year old is also excited about the possibility of playing in European competition next season, with Galatasaray on the verge of qualifying for the Europa League.

Cardiff City still want the defender to remain with them, but the Championship club’s hopes of keeping him are becoming less and less likely.

Re: Bye bye Bruno?

Massive club, doubt we can match their wages offer

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    At least you are unlikely to be blown up at a football stadium in Cardiff.

OOPS ! Now I've jinxed the Champions League Final.

Blue in the Face

Don't usually trust the "sportswitness/mole/insidefootball type links. But a move to a good Turkish side seems like a very realistic proposition for Manga.

Bruno is a top player when he cuts out the mistakes, but I think the move could suit us. While the idea of paying a fee for a replacement isn't appealing, Bruno has proved to be terrible value for money for us. Like all the OGS signings. Might be good for all concerned.

If he is to go, or signals he is likely to, let's hope he gets on with it so we know what we're dealing with. Maybe we can even make plans for a free agent replacement of our own.

I expect that if Bruno comes back to Cardiff in early June as planned for further talks with Warnock and the club, there will be a fair chance of him staying on a new contract.

If, however, his agent gets a firm offer from Turkey that means a higher wage for Bruno than Tan is willing to put up, a signing on fee and (crucially) a big cheque for the agent - it will be goodbye.

The odds have always been tilted heavily in favour of him leaving.

Blue in the Face

Morrison is club captain (and have a hunch he's going to have a good season next year). Bamba, I feel, has been our best defender since he arrived. Connolly is a centre back, not a full back. I even think Peltier looks as good at CB as he does at RB. Do we even need Manga? At the likely cost of his wages?

Maybe we're better off looking for a young player with potential to fill out the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    Morrison is club captain (and have a hunch he's going to have a good season next year). Bamba, I feel, has been our best defender since he arrived. Connolly is a centre back, not a full back. I even think Peltier looks as good at CB as he does at RB. Do we even need Manga? At the likely cost of his wages?

Maybe we're better off looking for a young player with potential to fill out the squad.
    That Semi Ajayi at Rotherham looks useful!

Take the money......as long as it's reinvested and as previously posted we've got plenty of cover at CB

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Take the money......as long as it's reinvested and as previously posted we've got plenty of cover at CB
    No fee involved. He's a free agent next month.

AMKSpor have reported Cardiff City defender Bruno Ecuele Manga is on his way to Galatasaray, with the Turkish giants very close to completing his transfer.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/cardiff-ci...dvanced-talks/

Contract talks between Manga and Cardiff City have now broken down, and subsequently manager Neil Warnock is planning life without him for next season.

AmkSpor claim Manga’s agent is pushing for a move because they believe they can get a better fee for their role in the deal, and that the Cardiff City player has also entertained the idea of playing for Galatasaray.

Galatasaray are looking to sign at least two central defenders this summer and the Gabonese international could be a very ‘economical’ option for them.

mangaThe 28-year old is also excited about the possibility of playing in European competition next season, with Galatasaray on the verge of qualifying for the Europa League.

Cardiff City still want the defender to remain with them, but the Championship club’s hopes of keeping him are becoming less and less likely.
    Lets move on

Bamba will be 33 in January. Best defender agreed but not someone I assume we can rely on for the full season.

This agent, like most other agents (i.e c***s) is taking up Bruno for his own benefit, not so much his clients. On this transfer it's taken him too long to sign, I can't see anything happening with us. His heads already turned. I've seen Bruno when he can't be arsed. He's a flipping liability, I'd rather have Darcy Blake back.

Brilliant defender on his day but can't see a deal suiting either party anymore.

Blue in the Face

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    That Semi Ajayi at Rotherham looks useful!
    It's a good shout Jon, but his Semi's contract is up and he's expressed an interest in joining Rotherham permanently. Probably wise for him to take the chance at being a League One starter at this stage in his career. But if he wants to stay in the Championship, maybe we should be considering coaxing him with a new contract?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Bamba will be 33 in January. Best defender agreed but not someone I assume we can rely on for the full season.
    Another good point. But I reckon if we acquire one player to fill out the squad. We're pretty strong at CB I feel.

Think we need to be spending fees/wages on other areas of the pitch.

It's a good shout Jon, but his Semi's contract is up and he's expressed an interest in joining Rotherham permanently. Probably wise for him to take the chance at being a League One starter at this stage in his career. But if he wants to stay in the Championship, maybe we should be considering coaxing him with a new contract?

Another good point. But I reckon if we acquire one player to fill out the squad. We're pretty strong at CB I feel.

Think we need to be spending fees/wages on other areas of the pitch.
    Ajayi has already joined Rotherham somehow I think

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    No fee involved. He's a free agent next month.
    Save the wages then

Blue in the Face

Ajayi has already joined Rotherham somehow I think
    Thanks for the info . Missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    What money?????

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    What money?????
    The money Slade mugged us for.