+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey coming back?

Re: Ramsey coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I saw previous posts but don’t pay much attention to who posts what. All a bit silly really. Thank you for clarifying though
    The block button is a god send, it's a real shame you still see the threads started though, even if the comments are blocked out. I think i have about 15 people on my list, improves the quality and if more did the same they'd soon get bored and maybe f off.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    This, I think this would be a real statement of intent if it came off
    Ramsey playing home games only for 60 -70 minutes would be enough for me

Absolute 100 percent quality
    Whilst i don't think it'll happen, 5 subs make this a real possibility when rotating the match day team.

He looks like he is in Disneyland Paris by the look of it, so he might be making the most of his last few days in France ( save on the airfare )

International

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Fresh fish surely?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...e-to-my-family

"We will find out in a few weeks' time, when everything has settled down a bit. My full focus is on Friday (against Armenia). I'll have to keep you guys [the press] waiting a bit longer."

Asked directly about whether a return to Cardiff City was on the cards, the 32-year-old replied: "There's always rumours going around, isn't there? There is always that bit of noise.

"Like I said, Friday is all that's on my mind at the moment."

Clearly, his club career remains up in the air, with news expected to come after Wales' camp over the coming week.

Ramsey will captain Wales into the next two qualifiers for next year's Euros, with Rob Page's side having already earned four hard-fought points from their first two games.

Wales currently sit second in Group D, behind Croatia only on goal difference. They take on Armenia at Cardiff City Stadium this Friday before flying out to Samsun, where they will face Turkey next Tuesday.

And Ramsey goes into the match feeling fit after a fruitful season with Nice. Clearly, he enjoyed his time on the pitch, but there is no getting away from the fact that he missed being with his family, who have been based in south Wales.

"This season has been a success for me personally, I played a lot of games and some good football. The only thing missing was a few goals, but that will come again," he added.

"The most challenging thing is being away from my family. That's the situation I find myself in. But other than that, there are lot of positives I have taken. So, we'll see."

Ultimately, for Ramsey, whatever he decides beyond this season will be centred around bringing his family unit back together. Whether that is triggering a new contract in Nice and moving them out there, embarking on a new adventure somewhere else or even moving back to the Welsh capital.

Asked if being together with his family permanently would be the main driver behind his decision, he replied: "Of course. I've been away from my family and seeing the kids growing up, missing out, it's always difficult. Difficult for anyone to go through, I imagine.

"Whatever we do going forward, we will be reunited and back together."

Wales earned a draw out in Croatia in their first game thanks to a last-gasp Nathan Broadhead goal before grinding out a 1-0 win over Latvia at home.

"It's a massive camp for us. The World Cup was a huge disappointment for us and it was important to get off to a good start," he said while on a video call from Wales' training camp in Portugal.

"To bounce back straightaway in those two games sets up nicely. Huge now to back that up against Armenia. It's a game we need to win and all our attention is on that."

Zlatan has just retired at 41. Aron is 32

It still has to rank as unlikely but he could have made life easier for himself by denying the rumour so it's odd he didn't do that.

I think he's got a good couple of years in the Premier league left. It will also be better for Wales if he plays at a higher level, so I sort of hope he doesn't come here (for now).

If it's coming to a City with a load of uninspiring loanees from the Championship and league 1, I don't he'd see here as the place to end his career. If we're going to use the loan system to bring in 4 or 5 quality signings, maybe from abroad, then I think he would def. give it his consideration..

It's been a while since he played, but I think Gordon would be a big upgrade on the current lot.

good morning radio wales im sure mike will be pleased you read the board

Signing famous players in their twilight years is no recipe for moving forward, in my humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Signing famous players in their twilight years is no recipe for moving forward, in my humble opinion.
    Let's survive before we think about moving forward. A Ramsey team doesn't get relegated.

I don’t agree, if they have the quality then it’s great news. Especially if you can mix that with younger players.

Worked with Craig Bellamy

Jimmy Floyd Haselbaink and Trevor Sinclairwere part of the team that got us to an FA cup final

Kevin Ratcliffe lead us to promotion from the old Div 4

It can inspire teams

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Zlatan has just retired at 41. Aron is 32
    De Bruyne is 31 and Bale is 33 - players age at different rates.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    It's more likely tarki micallef

Moving forward over the next 4-5 years, no it’s not a sensible plan.

Looking ahead to the immediate future though I can’t see how anyone would think signing Ramsey is anything less than a huge success.

After back to back seasons of struggle and apathy from the fan base, Ramsey would change that.

Tomlin was a special player who pretty much dragged us into the play offs single-handedly. Ramsey is much more of a player than Tomlin ever was and he actually cares about the club.

The morale boost and the feel good factor around the club would be immense.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Moving forward over the next 4-5 years, no it’s not a sensible plan.

Looking ahead to the immediate future though I can’t see how anyone would think signing Ramsey is anything less than a huge success.

After back to back seasons of struggle and apathy from the fan base, Ramsey would change that.

Tomlin was a special player who pretty much dragged us into the play offs single-handedly. Ramsey is much more of a player than Tomlin ever was and he actually cares about the club.

The morale boost and the feel good factor around the club would be immense.

I agree it would be a massive bonus, I can't quite see it though, he is too good and can earn a lot more within a two-hour drive or forty-minute flight from Cardiff, but you never know, he really would be a hero and loved here, even more so than Bellamy and 100% Bale who will live to regret not coming here I think.

He didn't exactly set the Scottish Premier alight when he was at Rangers. Are we viewing things with rose tinted spectacles. He had a disappointing world cup too.

How has the last couple of years not humbled the delusional part of our fan base?

It's Aaron Ramsey! Sign him and thank him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prophet of Doom View Post
    He didn't exactly set the Scottish Premier alight when he was at Rangers. Are we viewing things with rose tinted spectacles. He had a disappointing world cup too.
    He's on the slide, and not even close to the player he once was. Problems arise with very good players when they lose the thing or things that made them stand out. Ramsey was always good at turning away from players and carrying the ball ten yards then playing it, good at following his pass as well, and getting into good positions to score or create for someone else. I don't think that he can do that anymore.

I would like to see his game change slightly, I'd like him to conserve his energy better, more quality and less running, because he does cover ground.

He's been playing and performing well in Ligue 1 and Europe, he's 32 so obviously not what he once was, but he would easily be the best player at the club and a real boost for fans. He's actually put together runs of games and has been managed properly at Nice, that's been important for him.

It was encouraging that he was a regular starter at Nice in the 2nd-half of last season.

Not sure what standards are like in Ligue 1 overall, but I'd imagine it's reasonably competitive and Nice finished in the top-half.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's on the slide, and not even close to the player he once was. Problems arise with very good players when they lose the thing or things that made them stand out. Ramsey was always good at turning away from players and carrying the ball ten yards then playing it, good at following his pass as well, and getting into good positions to score or create for someone else. I don't think that he can do that anymore.

I would like to see his game change slightly, I'd like him to conserve his energy better, more quality and less running, because he does cover ground.
    Looks like he has, based on his spell at Nice. That's where he should play, now he can't go up and down. I would love this move to happen, we could have a midfielder that is capable of picking a pass for the first time in bloody ages. It would get everyone excited, too. As City123 it would be a huge boost for the fans. He is one player I cannot be impartial about, I get Wales-Bales disease when I talk about Ramsey