+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reading FC set to sell Bearwood their training ground, to Wycombe Wanderers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Reading FC set to sell Bearwood their training ground, to Wycombe Wanderers

I'm exhausted with it all. If this goes through we are dead. Yongge is a disgusting creature. He will pocket the money. No one will be interested in buying the club if it doesn't include rhe training ground. That's our prime asset.
    As a fanbase we feel its all over. I'm 60 next month and this has reduced me to tears. It's that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I'm exhausted with it all. If this goes through we are dead. Yongge is a disgusting creature. He will pocket the money. No one will be interested in buying the club if it doesn't include rhe training ground. That's our prime asset.
    As a fanbase we feel its all over. I'm 60 next month and this has reduced me to tears. It's that bad.
    good luck

I know a ST holder ( his dad used to be a sponsor of the club during the Madejski era ) he feels exactly the same as you, he feels its over and its like watching something you love slowly Die

No football club fans should be let down this bad, the EFL have to look at themselves and ask why it happened

The whole thing stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    The whole thing stinks.
    Yup! All clubs are vulnerable under the current corrupt EFL and the suits. Fans own nothing. We should all remember this. It doesn’t matter how long you’ve been a supporter you are just a punter really.

Sad state of affairs.

I thought naively, that they scrutinised club owners these days. How is this still happening. Wanker.

Bloody awful that the fans suffer while the owner, who has no historical or passionate feeling for the club, f*cks about with no regard whatsoever. He can walk away later not giving a shite. Horrible situation, sincerely hope it works out somehow

Reading's training ground is pretty new and looks great and is about 15 mins and just under 7 miles away.

It is also over 20 miles away from Wycombe's ground and nightmare of a drive.

This is pure nonsense for so many reasons.

Can't believe how poor old Reading have plumetted and know many ST holders.

A connected local business, owned by fans, has been loaning money for wages and offered bridging loans to stop the training ground sale. One of the main issues is the owner wanted £28m for the club then Wycombe owner offered £22m for the training ground alone so now the owner holding out for even more and his CEO is a clueless muppet

It also means their academy which I believe is still category 1 will fold almost instantly. Which for the club is a large revenue drop.