+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sell on clauses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Heisenberg

Re: Sell on clauses

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I can imagine that not all contracts are absolutely identical and that they may vary in their complexity.
    Again, yes... but it's not a contractual issue, it's a football governing issue on transfers and how they are enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Again, yes... but it's not a contractual issue, it's a football governing issue on transfers and how they are enforced.
    It seems that it is more nuanced than that e.g. gross v net fee:

https://www.ecaeurope.com/media/2728...tin-5-2015.pdf

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It seems that it is more nuanced than that e.g. gross v net fee:

https://www.ecaeurope.com/media/2728...tin-5-2015.pdf
    I'm well aware of that, but we're not discussing all of the semantics of a sell on fee - we're just discussing when and how it is determined that a sell on fee will be paid in terms of installments.

That link is actually the one I used to get my information on sell on fees previously and has a very clear interpretation of how rulings were made on installments in regards to sell on fees - especially in contractual matters.

As you can see from the link, on a couple of occasions, legal action was taken by clubs in regards to not receiving payment up front or (on time) as expected - as it was stated in the contracts. The FIFA PSC ruled on every occasion that a club would not be enforced to pay any sell on fees until they had received their share first.

Like I said, it's not a contractual issue, it's a football governing issue on transfers and how they are enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm well aware of that, but we're not discussing all of the semantics of a sell on fee - we're just discussing when and how it is determined that a sell on fee will be paid in terms of installments.

That link is actually the one I used to get my information on sell on fees previously and has a very clear interpretation of how rulings were made on installments in regards to sell on fees - especially in contractual matters.

As you can see from the link, on a couple of occasions, legal action was taken by clubs in regards to not receiving payment up front or (on time) as expected - as it was stated in the contracts. The FIFA PSC ruled on every occasion that a club would not be enforced to pay any sell on fees until they had received their share first.

Like I said, it's not a contractual issue, it's a football governing issue on transfers and how they are enforced.
    I understand what you are saying, brother blood. I bet the selling club doesn't contribute to any loss when a player is sold on