+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good luck Neil, Welcome to Cardiff

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Good luck Neil, Welcome to Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Biggest negative, walked away from us after 3 games
    He was only here on temp loan , got an offer from Forest and he went there, can`t hold that against him. And he scored quicker than Ronnie Moore

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    He was only here on temp loan , got an offer from Forest and he went there, can`t hold that against him. And he scored quicker than Ronnie Moore
    An 18 month contact was on the table, Forest offered a 30 month contract and he left without so much as a goodbye or thank you

An 18 month contact was on the table, Forest offered a 30 month contract and he left without so much as a goodbye or thank you
    You neglected to mention it was a 30 month contract with higher wages.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    You neglected to mention it was a 30 month contract with higher wages.
    People who want to stay somewhere, negotiate. He just didn’t turn up.

That’s “negotiate”, as in I’ve been offered this elsewhere, what you offering !

He showed a lack of respect

People who want to stay somewhere, negotiate. He just didn’t turn up.

That’s “negotiate”, as in I’ve been offered this elsewhere, what you offering !

He showed a lack of respect
    "The financial outlay and commitment was too great for us. We could match Forest's salary, but the issue was the length of contract. We thought two and half years was too long, it's as simple as that. Forest went to Millwall and sorted out what needed to be sorted. They even paid Neil a few quid that he was owed by Millwall. I spoke to Neil's agent and he said Neil loved Cardiff and he loved the players here, but Forest were offering a two-and-a-half year deal. We tried to make an 18-month package as attractive by putting incentives into it but it was doomed. These days it's not just about money, it's also about the length of contract. You can't blame the boy for taking what Forest offered him. I don't blame him and I wish him well. When you're offered a two-and-half year contract on the money Forest were offering, you're going to take it."

Cardiff City manager Lennie Lawrence, 23/12/2004.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    "The financial outlay and commitment was too great for us. We could match Forest's salary, but the issue was the length of contract. We thought two and half years was too long, it's as simple as that. Forest went to Millwall and sorted out what needed to be sorted. They even paid Neil a few quid that he was owed by Millwall. I spoke to Neil's agent and he said Neil loved Cardiff and he loved the players here, but Forest were offering a two-and-a-half year deal. We tried to make an 18-month package as attractive by putting incentives into it but it was doomed. These days it's not just about money, it's also about the length of contract. You can't blame the boy for taking what Forest offered him. I don't blame him and I wish him well. When you're offered a two-and-half year contract on the money Forest were offering, you're going to take it."

Cardiff City manager Lennie Lawrence, 23/12/2004.
    Thanks for trying to clear that up

You really are sad

Thanks for trying to clear that up

You really are sad
    I won't say what you are, it's a public message board.