+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thoughts on Static Caravans in Saundersfoot or a place in Spain ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Thoughts on Static Caravans in Saundersfoot or a place in Spain ?

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    I've often thought about investing in a small holiday place (mainly here, rather than abroad) and always concluded that your final option of using your money to try different places is the way to go. Maybe more expensive, but much more flexibility and potentially less hassle.
    A motorhome gives all of these options. We were in Bosnia & Croatia last summer and there were many Brits who had driven that far. I did but in a car.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    A motorhome gives all of these options. We were in Bosnia & Croatia last summer and there were many Brits who had driven that far. I did but in a car.
    A couple of mates doing that now a few months through France and Spain, they absolutely love it but seems a bit like glorified Camping to me, I might hire one for a week and see how I get on

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I like the idea of a motorhome, but the thought of negotiating tiny rural lanes and finding parking in tight little historical centres puts me off a bit. (I've found some places on the continent - and here - stressful enough in a medium sized car!). I guess bikes hooked to the back could be the away around that in some places though.

International

I like the idea of a motorhome, but the thought of negotiating tiny rural lanes and finding parking in tight little historical centres puts me off a bit. (I've found some places on the continent - and here - stressful enough in a medium sized car!). I guess bikes hooked to the back could be the away around that in some places though.
    They used to be caravanet's didn't they, they changed the names to motorhomes and put the prices up 500% lol

We take our bikes, it MoHo is 7.83m long. So many pub stop overs and also pre pay sites, you can plan to go almost anywhere as long as your prepared to use public transport or a Taxi. We did Chester earlier this year, stayed by the Cheshire Oaks outlet, went in December, great weekend. Bit of shopping then into Chester for a wander on the walls.