+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T Younger Generation and Alcohol.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: O/T Younger Generation and Alcohol.

Alcohol prices being very low (comparatively) in shops & 24/7 shops have lead to a decline in the "culture" (If that's the right word) of going to the pub unfortunately. Plenty stay in, get drunk in the house and then go out

When I grew up as it were the pub was the everything. Its where all life combined. A generation of men who wouldn't consider drinking at home usually and sitting in front of the tele with cans would make you seem weird. Pub men. Sounds daft I know but there's plenty on here who would consider themselves pub folk years ago. Pubs have changed. So in turn the pathway into them has. Youngsters aren't being schooled in it if you know what I mean, you haven;t got to go to the pub to speak to people plus seeing your dad drinking cans on the setee is not as appealing a route to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Alcohol prices being very low (comparatively) in shops & 24/7 shops have lead to a decline in the "culture" (If that's the right word) of going to the pub unfortunately. Plenty stay in, get drunk in the house and then go out
    Exactly this for me.

I'm 25. Me & my housemate probably have a crate on the go on any given day, but are getting out to the pub more & more infrequently. When we do, it isn't for the social drinking, but for the pool tables or football on TV.