+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How will you be changing how you live in the next three weeks?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How will you be changing how you live in the next three weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But as you live in Wales it is only the government that affects you. And it is not advice it is law. You have no choice if you wish to not break the law.
    How can I be arrested for "staying alert" rather than staying in, when only the person who dreamt the idiotic idea up knows for sure what it means?

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    How can I be arrested for "staying alert" rather than staying in, when only the person who dreamt the idiotic idea up knows for sure what it means?
    But the instruction from the government that controls where you live is not "Stay alert" is it? So it doesn't apply to you? You are onlky banging on about it because Boris said it, but it isn't directed at you, it doesn't affect you and the message that does is clear. What's the problem?

I might make a dash for the border (from the Midlands) and see if I get turned back by immigration aka Heddlu. There's a house I need to sell in Cardiff. My paperwork looks genuine but I might need to learn to ride a motorbike if it comes to trying to leap a barbed wire fence on Offas Dyke.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But the instruction from the government that controls where you live is not "Stay alert" is it? So it doesn't apply to you? You are onlky banging on about it because Boris said it, but it isn't directed at you, it doesn't affect you and the message that does is clear. What's the problem?
    Your just being disingenuous because you have no argument when it comes to "stay alert" - are you seriously saying that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Welsh people will have watched that last night and thought it doesn't matter because none of it applies to me?

Your just being disingenuous because you have no argument when it comes to "stay alert" - are you seriously saying that hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of Welsh people will have watched that last night and thought it doesn't matter because none of it applies to me?
    xsnaggle is right but is saying it in a very xsnaggle way.

None of the changes Johnson mentioned yesterday apply to you or anyone else in Wales, in fact he should have specified that he was talking only to the residents of England because a lot of people will have watched that and assumed he was addressing the UK, as you rightly allude to.

I presume that he didn't specify because it would have made him look weak and shown that Wales, Scotland and NI have distanced themselves from him regarding the best course of action so as a result Wales will probably be divided between people correctly sticking to the lockdown as it stands for the next 3 weeks, and people incorrectly sticking to the "stay alert" version he announced yesterday

International

I honestly think that despite what is said by the people on this board that the great majority of people would rather be more relaxed about it and use their common sense than be ordered to do what the government says. Whether that is right or wrong. AS I've said before, this country is goeverned by consent and if people think the law is bad they will ignore it anyway.

International

The programme was closely followed by people saying on BBC Wales exactly that. But as usual people will accept and believe what suits them, it is human nature. In reality I think a great proportion of the population will wish that it did apply to them.
    As someone said on another thread, because this cannot be seen like pox or something could, people tend to think its OK, and it is human nature to believe "It won't happen to me, it is everyone else." If people always believed something bad would happen to them nothing would ever be done.
    It may be wrong, it may be sad but its the way people are.