+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fighting terrorism not supporting it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fighting terrorism not supporting it

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Just be clear, do you think Jeremy Corbyn, Diane Abbott and John McDonnell want the terrorists to kill us all?
    Which terrorist groups are you on about & where have I even come close to suggesting that they 'want the terrorists to kill us all'?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    Which terrorist groups are you on about & where have I even come close to suggesting that they 'want the terrorists to kill us all'?
    Well you haven't but I am just not sure what you are so afraid of. What are Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott going to do (putting aside that she is already being sidelined) that will endanger us?

You began the thread by saying that Corbyn 'doesn't have our best interests at heart', whose then??

Politicians go on the news and say 'the terrorists hate our way of life', well guess what so do our allies. In Saudi Arabia you couldn't find a country whose beliefs and values are are more polar opposite to our own. Successive governments have clung to them no matter what they did to people yet you act like Corbyn talking to some people from Sinn Fein is the crime of the century.

I think the world is probably a more complicated place than you are accepting it to be.

Well you haven't but I am just not sure what you are so afraid of. What are Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott going to do (putting aside that she is already being sidelined) that will endanger us?

You began the thread by saying that Corbyn 'doesn't have our best interests at heart', whose then??

Politicians go on the news and say 'the terrorists hate our way of life', well guess what so do our allies. In Saudi Arabia you couldn't find a country whose beliefs and values are are more polar opposite to our own. Successive governments have clung to them no matter what they did to people yet you act like Corbyn talking to some people from Sinn Fein is the crime of the century.

I think the world is probably a more complicated place than you are accepting it to be.
    It would be less complicated if there wasn't so much propaganda about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It would be less complicated if there wasn't so much propaganda about.

Please feel free to highlight anything I have said which isn't factual?

A primary role of any government is to keep it's citizens as safe as possible & Corbyn's track record of continually opposing terrorist legislation since 1983 (his words not mine) are a cause for concern. Also having credibility on the world stage is vital so his links to terrorist organisations do absolutely nothing to support this. In addition he has stated that the only spending cut he would not reverse relates to the armed forces so he immediately places himself on an dangerous collision course with NATO who are key allies of ours.

Where has Corbyn said that Abbott will not be Home Secretary if he is elected as my understanding is that he has suggested that his top team will stay in place?

Corbyn's track record of continually voting against his own party suggests that all he cares about is what he believes in & sod the rest.

I don't know what the relevance of this is as we are talking about direct actions & quotes from Jeremy Corbyn, John McDonnell & Diane Abbott highlighting their support for terrorist organisations. If anyone said 20/30 years ago that people harbouring such views could be running our country one day, they would have been the subject of ridicule.

Corbyn was talking to the IRA so why try to dress it up any differently? Inviting them into parliament 5 days after the Brighton bombing sums up his beliefs & lack of judgement very succinctly.

That comes across as more than a little patronising although in fairness you do seem to be describing yourself there. Your inability to consider this logically & objectively is blindingly obvious to me.

A few basic questions:

Do you think that it is acceptable for a potential UK PM to describe terrorist organisations as his friends?

Do you think that it is acceptable for a potential UK PM to observe a minutes silence for dead IRA terrorists?

Do you think that it is acceptable that a potential Chancellor wants to honour dead IRA terrorists?

Do you think that it is acceptable for a potential Home Secretary to want to see the British State defeated in any conflict?

"In addition he has stated that the only spending cut he would not reverse relates to the armed forces so he immediately places himself on an dangerous collision course with NATO who are key allies of ours."

Wouldn't that mean that the party and PM who introduced those cuts is also on a dangerous collision course with NATO?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "In addition he has stated that the only spending cut he would not reverse relates to the armed forces so he immediately places himself on an dangerous collision course with NATO who are key allies of ours."

Wouldn't that mean that the party and PM who introduced those cuts is also on a dangerous collision course with NATO?

In 2016 we spent 2.21% of GDP on defence which is above the 2% NATO target so we are far from being on a collision course. Only last month the NATO Secretary General was incredibly complimentary about our contribution to the organisation from many perspectives. I do wonder if such a positive endorsement will continue if Jeremy Corbyn gets the opportunity to carry out his wish to cut armed forces spending?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    In 2016 we spent 2.21% of GDP on defence which is above the 2% NATO target so we are far from being on a collision course. Only last month the NATO Secretary General was incredibly complimentary about our contribution to the organisation from many perspectives. I do wonder if such a positive endorsement will continue if Jeremy Corbyn gets the opportunity to carry out his wish to cut armed forces spending?
    You said 'reverse' cuts? Doesn't that mean the cuts are already being made?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    You said 'reverse' cuts? Doesn't that mean the cuts are already being made?
    Like most government departments cuts have been made although as I have pointed out we are more than meeting our commitments to NATO. That said the cuts are clearly not deep enough for Jeremy Corbyn who said: 'Fight all the cuts. Except those in the Armed Forces. Where we want to see a few more cuts taking place.'