+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Saudi embassy murder in Istanbul

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Saudi embassy murder in Istanbul

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Sanctions.
    Our Government are in a massive hole now.

We trade with a regime that has committed an evidenced murder of a US resident journalist.

Brexit is a walk in the park compared to the financial consequences of our trade with Saudi Arabia.

Will all contracts be cancelled or will we allow the financial benefits to outweigh the rule of law.

We are accomplices to this murder if we don’t react. We are assisting Saudi every day on defence contracts.

Interesting story. Much much bigger that Brexit
    We export more to Sweden than we do to Saudi Arabia

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    We export more to Sweden than we do to Saudi Arabia
    Do Sweden buy as many Jet fighters, Tanks, Bombs, guns, and various other killing machines from BAE as our mates in Saudi Arabia? and do they make as many political donations as BAE to whatever war mongering government are in charge?

There's also your answer as to whether we carry on trading with the Saudis?

I'm sure a strongly worded letter from a sub minister will heading to Riyadh at some point

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Do Sweden buy as many Jet fighters, Tanks, Bombs, guns, and various other killing machines from BAE as our mates in Saudi Arabia? and do they make as many political donations as BAE to whatever war mongering government are in charge?

I'm sure a strongly worded letter from a sub minister will heading to Riyadh at some point
    I was simply adding a fact to a view that any impact on trade with Saudi Arabia from a reaction to the ridiculous slaying of a dissident in their Embassy is unlikely to have anywhere near the impact of Brexit on our trade with the EU. We exported £37b worth of goods to Germany in 2017 compared with £4b to Saudi Arabia.

I guess given Brexit that markets with countries that kill opponents in their own Embassy might become even more important but lets have some facts before we start comparing like with like!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post

It goes further than that, some people have family members involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It goes further than that, some people have family members involved.

Brilliant like well done for highlighting.

I think this Saudi Story is going to explode