Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Proud To Be British. 300 Million Watching. Its Ours And Its The Best

Re: Proud To Be British. 300 Million Watching. Its Ours And Its The Best

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Nah. Baloo is spot on.
    Nah don't think he is, somewhere in the middle is probably about right

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    As usual you're talking through your a**e. Your naivety astonishes me.
    Don't agree with James on much but why do you come across as such an obnoxious twat??

Shocking particularly as Graham Smith had been in regular contact with the MET prior to the coronation.
    It was clearly designed to show the World a false representation of the British public's feelings. Like everything Tory a malevolent sham.

Shocking particularly as Graham Smith had been in regular contact with the MET prior to the coronation.
    Got to love those on the left.

Plenty of protestors were not arrested.

Maybe, just maybe, police had inside intelligence as to what this group were planning?

And of course, Graham Smith could never, ever lie to the police?

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    Don't agree with James on much but why do you come across as such an obnoxious twat??
    And why the f**k should I be concerned with what interfering knobheads think??

And why the f**k should I be concerned with what interfering knobheads think??
    i rest my case m'lord

As usual you're talking through your a**e. Your naivety astonishes me.
    My naiivity?! Don't make me laugh!

I've just seen a video of a Just Stop Oil protestor who was arrested on saturday "for doing nothing" when they have been disrupting people's lives for months on end by sitting in roads. You honestly don't think they would have done that?

If the police watched them and felt they were about to commit an offence it's fair game to stop them.

As we know, many hundreds peacefully protested and no one has an issue with that. But if people are about to commit disorder or crime with no regard for anyone else at all, then I think it's part of the police's job to prevent that.

Again, this has been bought upon them by themselves, thinking they can do what the hell they like when they like. Well, you can't. None of us can. I can't block whatever street I like for a reason of my choosing and there be no consequences.

Do you think I could turn up at Swansea City today in a Cardiff City shirt chanting fk the jacks and lay in front of the main road and the police should just watch me?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I've just seen a video of a Just Stop Oil protestor who was arrested on saturday "for doing nothing" when they have been disrupting people's lives for months on end by sitting in roads. You honestly don't think they would have done that?

If the police watched them and felt they were about to commit an offence it's fair game to stop them.

As we know, many hundreds peacefully protested and no one has an issue with that. But if people are about to commit disorder or crime with no regard for anyone else at all, then I think it's part of the police's job to prevent that.

Again, this has been bought upon them by themselves, thinking they can do what the hell they like when they like. Well, you can't. None of us can. I can't block whatever street I like for a reason of my choosing and there be no consequences.

Do you think I could turn up at Swansea City today in a Cardiff City shirt chanting fk the jacks and lay in front of the main road and the police should just watch me?
    The problem is anyone in authority can rely upon "intelligence" to execute any arrest they wish. Even though that "intelligence" is contrived or flimsy. I would have thought the Hillsborough example would be sufficient for you to be wary about police actions and motives. Yes anyone who blithely supports the extension of police powers in matters of protest is definitely naive in my opinion.

i rest my case m'lord
    I agree, you need a rest.

User-block reinforcement. So sweet.

My naiivity?! Don't make me laugh.

No. Dont do that youll get arrested.

Rightly so.

Can you at least try the last thing you said, and report back to us?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Haha, touche!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exhibit A.

The 'explanation' from the tuggers is going to be so contrived it will make your eyes water.

About to commit an offence of chanting a slogan that doesn't scan? An offence of filming an abuse of police powers before they had time to hide their collar numbers (in clear contravention of the Orgreave Protocols)? An offense of preventing a representative of the Met leaning on that particular piece of railing whilst incoherently wondering aloud what law has been broken to justify the actions they had already decided on?

It will be barrel scraping of the most embarrassing kind.

I am not a great fan of police being too heavy handed dealing with peaceful protest.

But I am equally not a fan of 40 second twitter clips purporting to show the full story of an incident. ( you do love your twitter Bob)

If the police have incorrectly arrested a journalist then someone should get a rap over the knuckles.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I am not a great fan of police being too heavy handed dealing with peaceful protest.

But I am equally not a fan of 40 second twitter clips purporting to show the full story of an incident. ( you do love your twitter Bob)

If the police have incorrectly arrested a journalist then someone should get a rap over the knuckles.
    The overnight news suggests a few of them have had their knuckles rapped.

Your comment on Twitter sounds a bit James Walesish Elwood (because I've seen what Just Stop Oil have done in the past, they must be guilty this time). Twitter can be a cess pool at times, but it doesn't mean everything on there is like that - I had a similar view to that a few years ago, but changed my mind once I actually opened an account on there.

The overnight news suggests a few of them have had their knuckles rapped.

Your comment on Twitter sounds a bit James Walesish Elwood (because I've seen what Just Stop Oil have done in the past, they must be guilty this time). Twitter can be a cess pool at times, but it doesn't mean everything on there is like that - I had a similar view to that a few years ago, but changed my mind once I actually opened an account on there.
    On Saturday morning there was a guy tweeting exactly what would happen in the met response.

A few individual (low rank of course) officers being publicly reprimanded for being over zealous and over interpreting the law was on the list actually. All so predictable.

And on the radio today the met say they "regret" their actions and no charges to be brought. Im no conspiracy theorist but those press releases were probably written a few weeks ago.
    Wonder what those on here have to say now?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    On Saturday morning there was a guy tweeting exactly what would happen in the met response.

A few individual (low rank of course) officers being publicly reprimanded for being over zealous and over interpreting the law was on the list actually. All so predictable.

And on the radio today the met say they "regret" their actions and no charges to be brought. Im no conspiracy theorist but those press releases were probably written a few weeks ago.
    Wonder what those on here have to say now?
    The Met have had more than enough opportunities to sort themselves out - they were called institutionally racist nearly a quarter of a century ago and can anyone seriously claim that they still aren't now (as well as homophobic and mysoginistic)?

International

Because that is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Because that is what he is.
    Yet another Tory bag of shite pops up

First Team

That's up to voters to decide, but off the top of my head in the last few years;

1 - respected how the working class voted on Brexit and committed to enacting the result

2 - record increase in NHS spending

3 - highest rise in the minimum wage by some distance

4 - Generally more aligned in respect of views on immigration

5 - Probably more aligned in terms of issues such as gender, identity politics, national pride etc etc

There are other arguments to counter that of course. But if you think 'left wing' parties are automatically aligned to the working class I'd say you are very mistaken. There is nothing working class about the guardian, or your average green councillor for example.

I know plenty of tradies doing better in the last few years than ever before for example.

What do the left offer that is generally better? We have a left wing govt in Wales, how are we any better?
    1. Lied repeatedly and egregiously to the entire population but particularly the "working class".

2. Ran down the NHS - effectively privatizing parts of the service and failing to fund it sufficiently to cope with an ageing population's needs.

3. In real terms?

4. Fed a populist, racist narrative to offer simplistic views that enabled bigotry on a mass scale.

5. See 4 except picked on minorities who need support not isolation by bigots.

Any more one-eyed bullshit you want to offer?

First Team

Thing is, you and others wanted disorder. That's what you wanted. Most didn't. The police's job was to prevent it and if they suspected disorder they acted to prevent it.

There were large peaceful protests on the day, which were highlighted on TV.

Police clearly felt that some people did not intend to peacefully protest. I am sure we can all believe that scenario. There's a lot of hate expressed on this board alone, so it's not hard to imagine such a scenario.

If the police have acted unlawfully there are avenues for the people in question - the media have already given them more of a lift up in that regard than many are afforded!
    Are you serious? You want the police to be able to arrest and detain people for 13 hours because they "felt" some people were going to act illegally? You actually want policing on that basis? You are crazy.