+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stores that will disappear from our High Streets in the next decade or so?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stores that will disappear from our High Streets in the next decade or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Bookies are thriving aren;t they? There seem to be millions of them.

I'm surprised travel agents are still going.

I think bookshops and record shops are doing better these days too.

I think high streets are evolving and more food and drink places are part of it.
    The reduction in stake on their betting terminals must have had a huge impact, I remember reading there was some way around it and that they were exploring using paper betting slips for virtual cycling etc, not sure where that ended up.

I suppose most of them are already successful online but it's hard to see where the future for the bricks and mortar bookie could possibly be.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    The reduction in stake on their betting terminals must have had a huge impact, I remember reading there was some way around it and that they were exploring using paper betting slips for virtual cycling etc, not sure where that ended up.

I suppose most of them are already successful online but it's hard to see where the future for the bricks and mortar bookie could possibly be.
    But again they face the problem of a large proportion of their custom doesn't have on-line facilities, as a large part of their income seems to come from those least able to afford it.
    A bit like the tobacco and alcohol companies really, init?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post

Bookies are closing down every week. William Hill & Ladbrokes/Coral yet to finalise the closures for Cardiff.

Those next to pubs will be the final brick jobs. 5-10 years will be gone IMO.